U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest SoundSurfer
+1 :D

I don't know if there will be an Vanilla Version, unfortunately.

The Vanilla ROMs are all based on the U8230 ROMs, so if the RBM2 will get Android 2.1, we will get Vanilla :P

"TMN a1" (u8230) here in Portugal will also get 2.1, as reported by TMN.

Guest jmmL

Fantastic news!

BigBear - have you looked for any way of removing the TMO branding? There must be a way to strip it away - you can with SenseUI..

Guest domjant

Dear BigBear,

Would you check how much free space left on the Pulse for application install after a 2.1 upgrade?

I'm asking because I use Pulse with stock RAM with Dec update (non-rooted), and I'm fear it won't be usable without app2sd because the bigger 2.1 RAM not leave enough too much free space.

Guest Speckles

I must agree with BigBear, there is a 2.1 ROM available for the Pulse, but I tried it and found it very buggy (but no guarantees its the exact same rom as the one he has). A lot of apps previously installed under 1.5 fail to run under this version. Whether this is lack of memory, buggy port, incomplete port - I'm not sure.

Maybe what I have is an earlier (beta?) version.

I've tried replacing the kernel in the official U8110 software with the one in version I have, but all that did was prevent the phone from booting.

Maybe it's easier to wait for the pro's to do it.

Guest Azurren
Maybe I've missunderstood the concept. Isn't the t-mob's canvas the same thing as 2.1 scrollable home screens?

Canvas is a grid that offers practically unlimited home screens which unlike others removes empty screens to save memory.

But for an example imagine a grid of 9 screens in a 3x3 arrangement.

With the main screen in the middle you can scroll as normal but also up and down.

I'll try and get a picture :P

Never uploaded from a phone.. Will it work?

PPfly.png

Edited by Azurren

Guest DanWilson
I must agree with BigBear, there is a 2.1 ROM available for the Pulse, but I tried it and found it very buggy (but no guarantees its the exact same rom as the one he has). A lot of apps previously installed under 1.5 fail to run under this version. Whether this is lack of memory, buggy port, incomplete port - I'm not sure.

I've tried replacing the kernel in the official U8110 software with the one in version I have, but all that did was prevent the phone from booting.

How do you and BigBear get these things?! Please explain this much! PLEASE! :P

Guest MarcusHenrique
Canvas is a grid that offers practically unlimited home screens which unlike others removes empty screens to save memory.

But for an example imagine a grid of 9 screens in a 3x3 arrangement.

With the main screen in the middle you can scroll as normal but also up and down.

I'll try and get a picture :P

So that's pretty much what I've seen about 2.1 - Even read that you can use up to 15 homescreens.

Guest Azurren
So that's pretty much what I've seen about 2.1 - Even read that you can use up to 15 homescreens.

Uploaded my home screen on my other post :D

I don't think genetic 2.1 is the same. You can add as many screens as you like with canvas :P

Guest MarcusHenrique
Uploaded my home screen on my other post :D

Where? hehe

I don't think genetic 2.1 is the same. You can add as many screens as you like with canvas :P

I don't see myself needing more than 5 screens :P

Guest Spooke

Bigbear we all know you work for Huawei :D

Can I just ask why you cant release it before they release the final thing? :P

Guest Azurren
Where? hehe

I don't see myself needing more than 5 screens :P

http://i.imgur.com/PPfly.png

Try again, my last url linked to my cache? :D

Well I don't need more than 5 screens I just don't like having to scroll through them all :P

Edited by Azurren

Guest Rem1x

That 2.1 you have is actually for the mini, it was just shoe horned in to the pulse :P

Guest Watt25
In my experience, the 2.1 ROM is even faster than the 1.5 ROM

That's cool!

My question is: Is it possible to download Copy Protected apps from the Market?

Guest BigBearMDC
That's cool!

I don't know.

I don't have any copy protected apps (I think).

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest bas-r
That's cool!

You mean paid apps?

Why wouldn't that be possible?

Very good news Bigbear: 'm eagerly following your progress!

Guest biron_w
I don't know, sorry.

But I think the update should work on U8220-6 too, once it gets released :D

What's the difference between the U8220 and the U8230?I thought all pulses were U8220 but i've just checked and mine is a U8230 :P

Guest BigBearMDC
What's the difference between the U8220 and the U8230?I thought all pulses were U8220 but i've just checked and mine is a U8230 :P

I don't exactly know what's the difference between them.

But you should have a Pulse, if you install a MCR your phone model will change to U8230, because its a U8230 ROM :D

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest feelmychi
What happened???

This is just a guess, but my bet is that he tried to flash the unaltered U8110 rom...

feelmychi

Guest BigBearMDC
This is just a guess, but my bet is that he tried to flash the unaltered U8110 rom...

feelmychi

It shouldn't be possible to flash this UPDATA file?