U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest eckengucker1

cause he's special. he's the only one who owns that update.

beeing special is great belive me - I'm special too. I got android 3.0 :P

Guest jmmL

Obviously the real reason is to protect his source and avoid any possible legal complications.

Guest feelmychi
You on the net with a foto lol, if they wanna chase you would already have received a letter.

Unless you want to hack the Bear's computer, just wait patiently like the rest of us and show your gratitude that we have someone like him amongst us!

feelmychi

Edited by feelmychi

Guest dadme

Special or not, it missed this forum ideaa, and the Modaco general line, share and free.

Take a look at Omnia or Omnia2 forums, and see what want to say. And about XDA, no more words.

Cyanogen and bbuchacher are legends in Android world. Eclair is full working on G1 without TMobile support.Just few greatest coders.

Take a look at XDA and then here. I am bored.

Guest DanWilson

Im specialler, I have a pulse running 2.2 Sense UI dualbooting with iPhone OS :D

Edited by DanWilson

Guest BigBearMDC
You on the net with a foto lol, if they wanna chase you would already have received a letter.

Yeah but why should they chase me, if I don't release the update?

Special or not, it missed this forum ideaa, and the Modaco general line, share and free.

Take a look at Omnia or Omnia2 forums, and see what want to say. And about XDA, no more words.

Cyanogen and bbuchacher are legends in Android world. Eclair is full working on G1 without TMobile support.Just few greatest coders.

Take a look at XDA and then here. I am bored.

Do you want me to stop working on a custom ROM?

Come on, there is so little space left on the device, you can install 5 apps before you run out of memory.

It isn't rooted [yet] either, so do you really want to give up all your apps etc just to have eclair?

Or do you want to wait just ine or two weeks more, and then flash your device with a fully working rooted eclair ROM?

Guest DanWilson

Come on, there is so little space left on the device, you can install 5 apps before you run out of memory.

It isn't rooted [yet] either, so do you really want to give up all your apps etc just to have eclair?

Or do you want to wait just ine or two weeks more, and then flash your device with a fully working rooted eclair ROM?

But why not both? :P

Always gotta try, right

:D

Guest dadme

Yes, why not. It's just a flash and try ideea in this forums. And i don't use more than one app for one think, and i do no more than 5 diferent thinks with my phone. Let see: making calls, browsing internet, im , email, photos.. and over. Yes i want eclair. And yes if u have it, i and other enthusiast guys from here will flash and try to find bugs.

Yes, we are not big developers, but we know bash scripting, and we have ideea of compiling kernel, not developing drivers. We know what is signing an archive.

And yes we want to try to help you. Beta testing is the key for good software. Just make a try.

Guest Daniel Williamson
Yes, why not. It's just a flash and try ideea in this forums. And i don't use more than one app for one think, and i do no more than 5 diferent thinks with my phone. Let see: making calls, browsing internet, im , email, photos.. and over. Yes i want eclair. And yes if u have it, i and other enthusiast guys from here will flash and try to find bugs.

Yes, we are not big developers, but we know bash scripting, and we have ideea of compiling kernel, not developing drivers. We know what is signing an archive.

And yes we want to try to help you. Beta testing is the key for good software. Just make a try.

Come on guys give him a break, i know where all cant wait for the 2.1 release but just be patient, he's got a life aswell you know, just like the rest of us. And the all the work he has put into making our Pulses better has been immense.

So yeah this is obviously a big thing and alot of legal issues with copyright and what not, so great care has to be taken.

Dan

Guest BigBearMDC

The most important thing for me is to prevent my source of getting in trouble.

And thats why I definetly won't upload this until I got a go.

Sorry.

Guest xarxiusxiii
To all forum members, trying to get the rom from MDC: Good things come to the people that wait :P

Agreed. I say respect Bear's decision and just be patient :D

I know I'd rather wait to have a fully working ROM than just update now and be a bit disappointed...

At least we know now that we definitely are getting 2.1 :P

Guest ernadko

i also respect MDC decision and have two questions for him:

can we use "apps to sd2" without rooting android 2.1, and other question is: do you know exact date when android 2.1 will be realized for us, if you dont know can you ask your source from which you got rom if he know when it will be realized :P

Sorry for my poor english

Guest igor_anta

My thoughts exactly, if I don't get apps2sd with the new ROM I would prefer to stick with the good old Android 1.5 on the MCR. So as long as Bear is working on rooting and adding this essential feature to the ROM he has than it's worth the wait. So every question he answers here gets us one step away from a complete custom ROM so let us all just be patient:)

Plus, Bear i was meaning to ask, is there multitouch??? Maybe on the browsers like Dolphin or xScope? Cheers and keep up the good work.

Guest wassupjg

:P Why so serious ? ha

Dan

That was epic.

BigBear your work is much appreciated; I know you do it for fun, but still. 18 years old? Damn, you have a bright future ahead of you.

Guest Cheadle

I think that its fantastic what is being done and lets just allow the man to get the release working well and rooted.

I dont mind waiting and would rather have a all singing and dancing 2.1 rom like the MCR than some slow nasty T-mobile release. Some questions are the same as have been answered before - so why not read the posts than just post the same questions over again!