U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest BigBearMDC
any chance of giving us the diff between the kernals? its not releasing the rom!

Are you really interested in a bex or binary diff??

:P

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Tom G
any chance of giving us the diff between the kernals? its not releasing the rom!

diff (as in the common linux tool) doesn't work on binary files, so that won't work. All it will say is that the files are different, without showing what the differences are. There are however other tools that would work.

BigBear has done a lot for this community and I do appreciate the work he does, however I wonder how sensible it is to tell everyone that he has these ROMs but can't release them. Every time it is going to lead to the same argument over why they can't be released. It may be a better idea to just keep it quite until they can be released. The most important thing in all of this should be making sure the person leaking the ROMs is not negatively effected, and that means not publicly releasing the ROM until it is safe to do so.

Tom.

Guest eckengucker1
diff (as in the common linux tool) doesn't work on binary files, so that won't work. All it will say is that the files are different, without showing what the differences are. There are however other tools that would work.

BigBear has done a lot for this community and I do appreciate the work he does, however I wonder how sensible it is to tell everyone that he has these ROMs but can't release them. Every time it is going to lead to the same argument over why they can't be released. It may be a better idea to just keep it quite until they can be released. The most important thing in all of this should be making sure the person leaking the ROMs is not negatively effected, and that means not publicly releasing the ROM until it is safe to do so.

Tom.

/agree!

Guest BigBearMDC

I noticed that the touchscreen became mouch more sensitive!

By the way, I'll try to root it today, if I have success, I might maybe be able to upload it very soon :P

But please, don't panic.

Just sit down and drink a cup of tee (or any other liquid you like :D ) in the meantime.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest psionandy
But please, don't panic.

Just sit down and drink a cup of tea (or any other liquid you like :P ) in the meantime.

Greetings,

BigBear

Sounds like very good advice to me...

Guest mr.a

By the way, I'll try to root it today, if I have success, I might maybe be able to upload it very soon :P

But please, don't panic.

Just sit down and drink a cup of tee (or any other liquid you like :D ) in the meantime.

Greetings,

BigBear

hi, does this rom have multitouch, speech recognition or any other features that you can tell us about.

Guest Csöpi
hi, does this rom have multitouch, speech recognition or any other features that you can tell us about.

Yes and whats about new google maps? are google goggles working?

Guest bas-r

Really looking forward to this BigBear! Don't rush, we all want a Good & Usable (app2sd & rooted) Rom.

Thanks for your efforts in advance!

Guest Neron

But please, don't panic.

Greetings,

BigBear

Nice one!

Guest MarcusHenrique

But please, don't panic.

Greetings,

BigBear

That's pretty good news! You have my total support!

Guest MarcusHenrique
Is the wireless working yet? By that I mean all of the wireless functions? Or any?

I believe we've turned our attention to the leaked 2.1 pulse rom, and it's fully functional :P

Guest BigBearMDC

This ROM is working 100% :P

It has a text-to-speech function, but I haven't yet found voice recognition.

And no, it doesn't support multitouch [by default :D].

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest mr.a
This ROM is working 100% :P

It has a text-to-speech function, but I haven't yet found voice recognition.

And no, it doesn't support multitouch [by default :P].

Greetings,

BigBear

is the wink supposed to mean that you can enable multi touch on it (by using your own kernel etc.) :D

Guest BigBearMDC
is the wink supposed to mean that you can enable multi touch on it (by using your own kernel etc.) :P

Once the kernel source is out, I think.

It should be in every case much easier to enable MT with Android 2.1, as it's aPI already supports MT :D

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey Bear I can't stop thinking about something:

You said that the 2.1 rom you have will problably work on my U8220-6. Why do you think that? Since every 1.5 rom/kernel were different for u8220-6 and pulse's. I was wondering if you know that from 2.1 on they'll unify all versions and respective kernels.

Guest BigBearMDC

You said that the 2.1 rom you have will problably work on my U8220-6. Why do you think that? Since every 1.5 rom/kernel were different for u8220-6 and pulse's. I was wondering if you know that from 2.1 on they'll unify all versions and respective kernels.

Basically, those two devices are the same.

The only difference they have is the radio frequency band.

I don't think that the kernel is causing problems with the touchscreen, maybe something else (that refuses to work with this kernel).

But I forgot something:

I can easily check if this update will run on any U8220-6 by having a look at the upgradeble-devices file :P

Hold on a sec ...

Guest BigBearMDC
What?! We have a leaked 2.1 ROM for the U8220, not the U8110?!

Awesome. Sign me up, why isn't everyone using it?

Yap :P

I'll upload it once is rooted, to protect my source.

Guest BigBearMDC

looks promising (for all U8220-6 users) :P

U8220-6V100R001C55B200
U8220-6V100R001C55B201
U8220-6V100R001C55B202
U8220-6V100R001C55B203
U8220-6V100R001C55B204
U8220-6V100R001C55B205[/code]

Edited by BigBearMDC