Guest BigBearMDC
copyng files...

E: Cant chow/mod /system/xbin

(No such file or directory)

E: Failure at line 10:

set-perm-recursive 0 2000 0755 0755 SYSTEM:xbin

Instalation aborted

:P

Yeah I expected that ... someone has to make a propper update-script.

Paul?

Guest MarcusHenrique

Paul?

Is that about the propper update arrangement or maybe because 2.1 won't fit in our system partition like you said?

Guest feelmychi

Paul?

Damn it, I knew that it had to be too good to be true XD Now we'll just have to replace Severus Snape with Paul here :P

feelmychi

Guest BigBearMDC
Is that about the propper update arrangement or maybe because 2.1 won't fit in our system partition like you said?

If it wouldn't fit in I'd say it should already have stopped a few lines earlier :P

Guest Paul

I can have a look at this first thing in the morning if you want - unfortunately not about this evening... I'll repackage and put a new update script in.

re: running out of space on /system, it actually doesn't error, it just stops copying and moves on (erroring in the update script).

P

Guest BigBearMDC
I can have a look at this first thing in the morning if you want - unfortunately not about this evening... I'll repackage and put a new update script in.

re: running out of space on /system, it actually doesn't error, it just stops copying and moves on (erroring in the update script).

P

That would be great, thanks :P

Guest Paul

Oh OK. :P

So this is a port of the U8110 modified to run on the Pulse right? And you've confirmed it works but it just needs repackaging? Correct?

P

Guest dodge-167

So this is a port of the U8110 modified to run on the Pulse right? And you've confirmed it works but it just needs repackaging? Correct?

P

I think thats from U8220, but im not shure...

Guest kamikase

i just have a dummie question

why use the rooted version?

isn't bigbears original version a beta of what will be released by t-mob someday?

so that should be upgrade and downgradeable ...

i know that there is no stuff like app2sd etc build in but i didn't need that now, so ....

kase

Guest jmmL

P

I believe this a pre-release leak of 2.1 for the U8220. I think you're right about the repackaging.

Guest BigBearMDC

P

Nope, this is the original Eclair ROM for the Pulse, that hasn't been released yet.

My theory is that the ROM is too large to fit the Pulse, and when it tries to chown/mod xbin, it can't because it hasn't been copied to the device.

Within the original update, the phone memory got reorganized, and now the system partition is much larger.

I thought from the beginning that just installing an update.zip won't work, because the phone memory has to be re-formatted with the original update first.

But the non-properly-working fastboot mode makes it nearly impossible to root it, as the only image I can flash without errors is the original system image.

However, I managed to flash a rooted boot image, and it dropped me to the recovery mode.

But in then started adb and had root permissions, which weren't usefull as the system partition got corrupted :D

Guest Spooke

Bigbear you should make a new thread to clear some stuff up, that way people will understand whats going on with the 2.1 ROM, maybe you can send Paul your source so he can have a look? :P

Guest Rizzly

It seems as though there actually isn't enough room, I deleted the chown of xbin and installed the update, and the phone gets stuck on startup. Now if I enter recovery-mode and mount everything with adb, the only folders i see in /system are:

app build.prop etc framework lost+found

bin cust fonts lib