U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest Daniel Williamson
Its the stock Pulse Mini ROM.

Greetings,

BigBear

Wow great :huh: just downloading now be interesting to look at it.

Dan

Guest Daniel Williamson

Erm is this supposed to be like this ??

post-621853-1272489286_thumb.jpg

Dan

EDIT - Now i see after extracting there language packs.

Edited by Daniel Williamson

Guest JingleManSweep
Do you mean This isn't the whole rom just the langauge packs?

I can't wait for the 2.1 Rom!

Don't think its just language packs. There is an "UPDATA.APP" file that is 230MB in the "dload" folder, that seems a bit big for language packs. Not sure though!

Guest Tom G
The keyword is may. Can I not always reflash it in recovery mode if it does break?

The unmodified update will probably also replace the recovery image, so if it does successfully install it may also break recovery mode. Fastboot would probably still work, but if it replaces the bootloader that may break as well. Basically don't install it as provided, pull it apart and install the components you want. The bits we are most interested in are the boot and system images. A 2.6.29 boot image should also work with the 1.5 system image, so its probably best to get a working boot image before attempting anything else.

I'll download it when I get home (at work now) and will hopefully have some time to play with it tonight.

Guest Totyasrác
Thank's! Hehe

Yep, hungarian/english was worse than chinese/english! hehehe

Everyone should learn and speak Hungarian :huh:

(Otherwise - and I guess that's the way it goes - T-Mobile ordered the sw update from Huawei but not willing to provide it to the customers until it has some issues. Now when testing shows there's some problem with the sw they report it to Huawei in order to be fixed... And then it may take some time to do so OR the parties may start an interpretation of the contract wheter the specific issue really has to be fixed or not. And in both cases we, the customers have to wait...)

Guest BigBearMDC

By the way, this is the full ROM, not only language packs.

I extracted the language packs yesterday, and wanted to upload them, but then my "source" told me that it would be okay to upload the whole ROM :huh:

Split the UPDATA.APP (from the dload folder) file with the script posted in post #5.

You can then try and flash the system and the boot image to your Pulse's, but you'll have to delete some apps first, as the system image is ~130 MBs large, and it has to be around 80 MBs to fit in the Pulse's memory.

Unpack the sytem.img with unyaffs.

You can then either generate an update.zip or repack it to a system image.

Don't try to flash the UPDATA.APP file (it will fail anyway - the U8220 is not in the "upgradable versions").

TomG and klutsh are right, this could even screw up your fastboot mode.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest thfc5975

Is there a chance that someone could possibly do all the above, as being honest I dont have the confidence to try it and not let it cock up my phone.

Guest BigBearMDC
Is there a chance that someone could possibly do all the above, as being honest I dont have the confidence to try it and not let it cock up my phone.

Sure, I already have done everything mentioned above.

But I can't upload it until tomorrow.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest le_lutin

Greetings,

BigBear

You can't upload it to your phone or you can't upload it to the forum?

If you have it on your phone, what exactly do you have - 2.1?

Guest MarcusHenrique

Greetings,

BigBear

Can I understand that you've managed to get .29 kernel working and successfully booted 2.1 in your pulse??

Guest Totyasrác

Welll - cock or cook, not the same, dude :huh:

Guest davbren
Can I understand that you've managed to get .29 kernel working and successfully booted 2.1 in your pulse??

I really hope so, Bear is very cryptic at times...

Guest BigBearMDC
Bear you are a legend, next time im in Austria for work im gonna look you up for a beer my friend!!!

I'm looking forward to that :P

Nope, this is just the leaked Update, as it wil be installed on the Pulse Mini [maybe?].

I really hope so, Bear is very cryptic at times...

I'm not cryptic, I just don't serve everything on a silver tablet :huh:

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest Sh4d0w940

Does anyone know how to install the language packs for TouchPal?

Because i tried to install the new touchpal and it gave no problems but the language packs won't install :S

btw touchpal is probably the only app you can install easily, all the others will give problems

Guest BigBearMDC
Does anyone know how to install the language packs for TouchPal?

Because i tried to install the new touchpal and it gave no problems but the language packs won't install :S

btw touchpal is probably the only app you can install easily, all the others will give problems

If you have A2SD just mount your SD card with a Linux PC and copy the lang-packs manually to the card.

Then reboot your phone, that's the only thing you can try, I think.

Then try to enable them in the touchpal settings.

Yeah most off the apps are Android 2.1 only I guess, also they are built for a smaller display resolution.

Greetings,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest bounty123

Correct me if i'm wrong please, just to make this clear. So this is a ROM for the Pulse mini, which does NOT work on the normal Pulse (yet), is this right? Just some ppl are already thinking that 2.1 is fine and running now.