Phone wont send/receieve messages, calls or 3g

Guest Swiftes

Guest Swiftes

Hi Guys

Noticed today that my phone wont send/recieve texts, call people; and no 3g or mobile internet. When I go into settings and try to sort my call forwarding/voicemail, it says SIM card error?

I am suspecting it to be at fault, what do you reckon?

Guest Azurren
Hi Guys

Noticed today that my phone wont send/recieve texts, call people; and no 3g or mobile internet. When I go into settings and try to sort my call forwarding/voicemail, it says SIM card error?

I am suspecting it to be at fault, what do you reckon?

It's either a sim card fault or something has screed up your apn settings.

Check your apn settings and see if they are all okay. Take out your sim and give the contacts a clean.. It may just be simple.

Good luck

Guest Hornet69
It's either a sim card fault or something has screed up your apn settings.

Check your apn settings and see if they are all okay. Take out your sim and give the contacts a clean.. It may just be simple.

Good luck

Have you been able to "location Update". i.e. can you see any signal strength bars at the top of the screen and can you see the network name when you pull the top bar down? APN will only affect the data side so you will still be able to make voice calls. To show you also have data connection it will show the "G" at the top. But if you can't location update (confirm you're a registered user etc) then you won't get anything.

Powercycle may help?

H

Guest Swiftes

Already removed and cleaned sim, but thanks for the suggestion.

There is signal strength and settings at teh top of the screen, the G shows, and the 3G shows when in certain areas too.

Already powercycled.

Forgot to mention it is flashed and rooted to Pauls custom rom.

Guest Azurren
ttt, I really need help with this :huh:

Wipe and re flash the custom rom.

If that doesn't work then.. Check your apn again, if all is okay then it is a sim / phone problem :P

If worst comes to the worst then install the december update again to wipe all trace off custom roms and hand it into a tmobile shop.

Sorry I have no idea here

Guest Swiftes
Wipe and re flash the custom rom.

If that doesn't work then.. Check your apn again, if all is okay then it is a sim / phone problem :P

If worst comes to the worst then install the december update again to wipe all trace off custom roms and hand it into a tmobile shop.

Sorry I have no idea here

Okay, will give that a try chap! cheers :huh: