Beyond Bricked H4150

Guest briwayjones

Guest briwayjones

Years ago I was being stupid and trying to flash WM5 to my H4150 even though there was no WM5 ROM for it. Well I beyond bricked it. I bricked it to the point that the bootloader doesn't even load up. To the point that it doesn't even know how to take a charge (it's not the battery). The power light doesn't even light up when it's sitting on the cradle. I don't think the buttons even respond. Is there anyway to recover it?

Edited by briwayjones

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Years ago I was being stupid and trying to flash WM5 to my H4150 even though there was no WM5 ROM for it. Well I beyond bricked it. I bricked it to the point that the bootloader doesn't even load up. To the point that it doesn't even know how to take a charge (it's not the battery). The power light doesn't even light up when it's sitting on the cradle. I don't think the buttons even respond. Is there anyway to recover it?

JTAG low level flashing. Google it. May require dissassembly of the device to access the jtag contacts. If that seems above your head and if your screen / casing is in good shape pm me - I have a massive pile (100+) of BER ipaqs from years gone by and may have a board available I'll donate you for a small amount to charity. I'm in the UK but will be in the US in June for U2's tour so can fit if you're local or post from LA / Salt Lake / Denver etc :-)

M.S