Superboot for 0.010.00

Guest g4rb4g3

Guest g4rb4g3
can i use setcpu to 1GHz after flashing this boot? thx

Of course not. Since we don't have the sources for the kernel (or at least the config for it) we can't change anything on the kernel itself. Since the Acer kernel doesn't support higher clock rates then 768 MHz we can't overclock it.

Guest matthewye
Of course not. Since we don't have the sources for the kernel (or at least the config for it) we can't change anything on the kernel itself. Since the Acer kernel doesn't support higher clock rates then 768 MHz we can't overclock it.

so what is this for? for rooting? thx for your answers.

Guest g4rb4g3
so what is this for? for rooting? thx for your answers.

It does what every superboot.img does. This one is just for the (right now) latest leak.

Maybe you should read some topics if you wan't to flash your device.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ing-the-liquid/

It's not for overclocking not for App2SD etc... Just a simple and clean superboot.

Guest MrVanes

Can someone please explain me what the difference is between Malez' 3 root options in his recovery image and this superboot image? I understand this rom is derived from the "original" 0.010.00 boot.img so I suspect the exact shipped kernel is preserved? Is that not the case in Malez' image, or does it depend on the root method chosen?

Guest loop0

There is one thing that can't be set with the recovery is "ro.secure" because this option is locate in default.prop which resides

in the ramdisk. So a modified boot.img is needed to enabled 'adb remount'

Guest malez
There is one thing that can't be set with the recovery is "ro.secure" because this option is locate in default.prop which resides

in the ramdisk. So a modified boot.img is needed to enabled 'adb remount'

Since reco 0.5 when you root with the reco, you have a script called remount installed too.

So if you do "adb shell remount", it remount system fs in rw :huh: so no need of a modified boot.img for that. (Of course secure keeps set to it original value)

Rooting via like does not modify boot.img at all.

Edited by malez