Latest Firmware

Guest Steven6489
The latest version I8000NXXJA5, you can also enquiry Samsung Malaysia for the latest version update.

If you stay in KL/PJ, you can drop by to the Samsung Service Centre, Plaze Berjaya, 1st Floor.

Hope this helps.

Yeah..Now thinking want to send to Samsung Service Centre or do it myself..hehe..any improvement over the IJ9?

Guest Daley Lay
Yeah..Now thinking want to send to Samsung Service Centre or do it myself..hehe..any improvement over the IJ9?

Sooo much improvement and smooth, GPS is fast to spot, Cube and other more.... enjoy it.

Guest Steven6489
Sooo much improvement and smooth, GPS is fast to spot, Cube and other more.... enjoy it.

But I'm think of want to reinstall everything..thats annoying..because it is my GF Omnia II..haha..

Let say upgrade firmware..will it delete all data in 8GB storage?

Guest Daley Lay
But I'm think of want to reinstall everything..thats annoying..because it is my GF Omnia II..haha..

Let say upgrade firmware..will it delete all data in 8GB storage?

Yes, all data will be gone during the flashing process, please backup all your data.

Guest Steven6489
Yes, all data will be gone during the flashing process, please backup all your data.

Any recommended software to backup? to back up setting and apps..

Guest Daley Lay
Any recommended software to backup? to back up setting and apps..

You can use Samsung New PC Studio, however, i nvr didnt before.

Once you have upgrade the latest S/W, please post your feedback and S/W version number here for update, enjoy, thanks.

Guest Steven6489
You can use Samsung New PC Studio, however, i nvr didnt before.

Once you have upgrade the latest S/W, please post your feedback and S/W version number here for update, enjoy, thanks.

Then normally what software you use to backup?

Guest thebass

SPB backup has a specific feature to backup and prepare for new rom upgrade. Great for people constantly loading new roms to their phones lol

Guest Daley Lay
you may download this CSC_i8000XSOJB1 from here if you want to try or you may use the original one and forget about this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...e-malaysia-csc/

You may want to try this if you want to, pretty cool, it looks like HTC HD2, I like it very much, hoping for the newer version to come soon.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...released-today/

with or without TF3D already show in the picture, the features I had also show you what has been remove and what has been add on.

latest official rom will be:

Eboot: I8000NXXJD4

PDA: I8000NXXJD4

CSC: I8000NXXJD7

PHONE: I8000XXJD1

- Have new MainMenu like the korean version.

- Much faster than JD3

I already have gps in my car, so I do not use the gps in this phone, although it comes together with the phone when I purchase it.

The rom is in English language, probably after you flash to the latest rom it should be fix, so far I have no issue on that 'yet'.

HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2

Hi Dary, I have loaded the latest ROM, it works great, haha...

Are you using HD2 Leo2 Fusion? if so, how is it? smooth? fast? Battery usage hours and etc?

Thanks.

Guest darychia
Hi Dary, I have loaded the latest ROM, it works great, haha...

Are you using HD2 Leo2 Fusion? if so, how is it? smooth? fast? Battery usage hours and etc?

Thanks.

Hi Daley, nice to hear from you that you have already upgrade and you are happy with it.

I am still using HD2 Leo2 Fusion, so far so good, especially the wireless router function, it is amazing

when you really need to access internet using your laptop whereby you can't find any wireless@SG. dont' even need

to subcribe mobile broadband too. :huh:

I have tested with the latest JD6 rom:

Eboot: I8000NXXJD6

PDA: I8000NXXJD6

CSC: I8000XSOJB1 (I am still using this like before)

I notice that this rom perform more smooth than JD4, I just downloaded the other rom from the page below, I am testing it now, will see how it perform. Cheers. :P

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...se-2-5-rom-jd6/

Guest Daley Lay
Hi Daley, nice to hear from you that you have already upgrade and you are happy with it.

I am still using HD2 Leo2 Fusion, so far so good, especially the wireless router function, it is amazing

when you really need to access internet using your laptop whereby you can't find any wireless@SG. dont' even need

to subcribe mobile broadband too. :huh:

I notice that this rom perform more smooth than JD4, I just downloaded the other rom from the page below, I am testing it now, will see how it perform. Cheers. :P

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...se-2-5-rom-jd6/

Hi Dary, cool, can you let me know your experience, i have searched feedback on the Sense, many has commented that has good friendly interface..

I would like to hear from your experience for the battery usage, memory usage etc.

Guest darychia
Hi Dary, cool, can you let me know your experience, i have searched feedback on the Sense, many has commented that has good friendly interface..

I would like to hear from your experience for the battery usage, memory usage etc.

Hi Daley, yeah. I have check on facebook too. you are right, if you have tried on Sense, you were not want to go back to original look, no offence, I just felt kind of boring look. I like to see the weather, especially at night when its cloudy, the whole screen full of cloud moving around, really nice.

unfortunately I have flash it back to HD2 Leo2 Fusion, anyway both look are similiar, but I think I still prefer HD2 Leo2 Fusion, although this is still beta(hoping new version launching soon). now instead of using JD6 rom, I am now using JD4 as knowing from this site that JD4 is 6.5.3 and JD6 is 6.5. Those rom run faster than JD3, think you should try it.

I have heard some feed back from other users that in fact 6.5.3 battery life is much faster than 6.5, to me I noticed it is about the same, anyway I have to charge my battery everyday, usually when I reach home at night, the battery only 30% left.

In my phone memory show:

Storage Program

Total: 192.74 MB Total: 144.17 MB

In Use: 77.64 MB In Use: 104.73 MB

Free: 115.10 MB Free: 39.44 MB

Cause I have install few software, the original ring tone, wallpaper after reflashing the rom, it should be more than these.

Guest mihai_mihai
Hi Daley, yeah. I have check on facebook too. you are right, if you have tried on Sense, you were not want to go back to original look, no offence, I just felt kind of boring look. I like to see the weather, especially at night when its cloudy, the whole screen full of cloud moving around, really nice.

unfortunately I have flash it back to HD2 Leo2 Fusion, anyway both look are similiar, but I think I still prefer HD2 Leo2 Fusion, although this is still beta(hoping new version launching soon). now instead of using JD6 rom, I am now using JD4 as knowing from this site that JD4 is 6.5.3 and JD6 is 6.5. Those rom run faster than JD3, think you should try it.

I have heard some feed back from other users that in fact 6.5.3 battery life is much faster than 6.5, to me I noticed it is about the same, anyway I have to charge my battery everyday, usually when I reach home at night, the battery only 30% left.

In my phone memory show:

Storage Program

Cause I have install few software, the original ring tone, wallpaper after reflashing the rom, it should be more than these.

jd4 and jd6 are both 6.5.0 JD6-5.jpg4544514231_53431fbf03_o.png

jd3 downloaded from samsung firmware downloader doesn't drain battery so much-4-5 days(ijc 5-6 days) only used as phone and update for the weather

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest Daley Lay

In my phone memory show:

Storage Program

Looks like quite high memory usage, how about HD2 Leo2 Fusion?

I am agree with you, it has hard to find the good user interface.

Guest Daley Lay
jd4 and jd6 are both 6.5.0 JD6-5.jpg4544514231_53431fbf03_o.png

jd3 downloaded from samsung firmware downloader doesn't drain battery so much-4-5 days(ijc 5-6 days) only used as phone and update for the weather

Is it the based rom required JB6? right?

Can it support JB3? correct me if i am wrong? if so, can you reckon me the ROM? thanks.

Guest Daley Lay
Looks like quite high memory usage, how about HD2 Leo2 Fusion?

I am agree with you, it has hard to find the good user interface.

Hi Dary, for your reference,

Guest darychia
Hi Dary, for your reference,

Thanks Daley, thanks for your link. I did try that too. The Cookie HomeTab, it was nice and can add in more shortcut, somehow bit like iphone icon and this is even more, just hope that the latest driver can improve the performance and make more smooth, although JD4 has improve a lot, but still want it even faster. hopefully it can be done..... :P

Guest Daley Lay
Thanks Daley, thanks for your link. I did try that too. The Cookie HomeTab, it was nice and can add in more shortcut, somehow bit like iphone icon and this is even more, just hope that the latest driver can improve the performance and make more smooth, although JD4 has improve a lot, but still want it even faster. hopefully it can be done..... :D

Hi Dary, thanks again, emm... looks good to flash ROM with JD4, do you mind to provide me link for the below version as per your earlier threads, i can't find that :P :P ?

Appreciated.

Eboot: I8000NXXJD4

PDA: I8000NXXJD4

CSC: I8000XSOJB1 (I use this cause I like to MoAkey as I need to type chinese sometimes.)

Guest darychia
Guest Daley Lay
Guest darychia
Hi Dary, really appreciated, will rock my phone tmrw, btw, any special instruction need to be care of during OCTAN?

HI Daley, don't mention, my pleasure, these are other expert hard work, not mine, I am just sharing the link only. :P

When you use Octan, remember don't click on Erase NV PDA, I don't know what that, but it cause my wifi not working after that, you may refer to this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635940

do remember to do your backup, especially the original ring tone, if you needed them. anyway I have already uploaded, if you need it just let me know then, I will you the link. Cheers. :D

Guest Daley Lay
HI Daley, don't mention, my pleasure, these are other expert hard work, not mine, I am just sharing the link only. :P

When you use Octan, remember don't click on Erase NV PDA, I don't know what that, but it cause my wifi not working after that, you may refer to this link:

do remember to do your backup, especially the original ring tone, if you needed them. anyway I have already uploaded, if you need it just let me know then, I will you the link. Cheers. :D

Thanks Dary, i will backup my data before flashing, thanks for reminder.

Btw, where can i find the below link too?

I notice that this rom perform more smooth than JD4, I just downloaded the other rom from the page below, I am testing it now, will see how it perform. Cheers. smile.gif

Guest Daley Lay

FYI, Sample photo taken using I8000XXIJ1 Firmware

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3435/398987...dd680860c_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/398987...c4056ecac_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2571/398991...9949484ec_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/398991...4383c62e7_o.jpg

Sample photo taken using I8000XXIJ1 Firmware

3989874815_4dd680860c_o.jpg

3989878983_3c4056ecac_o.jpg

3989914315_99949484ec_o.jpg

3989917945_24383c62e7_o.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest darychia
  • 1 month later...
Guest msamin007

Hi Darychia

I'm newbie here. Can you teach me how to extract all the pda part to one file PDA_I8000NXXJA5_HW_40.MST.

Thanks in advance.