Complete backup and parental controls

Guest quincy456

Guest quincy456

I'm going to give my pulse to my daughter but before i do i want to back it up completely.

What's the best backup to use, would it be possible to restore it to the exact state it's in now?

Currently i use the vanilla 1.8 rom from the kitchen here - as it has apps2sd, needing an recovery/ext fix every boot and that's too techy for her i'm going to put a standard rom back on.

My next question is parental control, is there any way certain apps/functions can be blocked? Can the market be censored or passworded?

Thanks in advance.

Guest feelmychi
I'm going to give my pulse to my daughter but before i do i want to back it up completely.

What's the best backup to use, would it be possible to restore it to the exact state it's in now?

Currently i use the vanilla 1.8 rom from the kitchen here - as it has apps2sd, needing an recovery/ext fix every boot and that's too techy for her i'm going to put a standard rom back on.

My next question is parental control, is there any way certain apps/functions can be blocked? Can the market be censored or passworded?

Thanks in advance.

For the backup, just do a nandroid as per usual; it is, after all, a complete back up of the device. As for parental controls... well I'm not really sure why you'd want them, but yeah, I'm sure there's something on the market...

feelmychi

Guest quincy456
For the backup, just do a nandroid as per usual; it is, after all, a complete back up of the device. As for parental controls... well I'm not really sure why you'd want them, but yeah, I'm sure there's something on the market...

feelmychi

thanks for the backup info.

parental controls, well the web at home is safe as i have stuff in place - but an android phone gives unfiltered access to all sorts of stuff (certain social networks, p()rn etc )

• 2 years later...
Guest samgomez74

Just answered a similar question on another thread. I know this thread is old but just want to add my recommendation on parental control in case other viewers are looking for the same information. The app is called Funamo. http://funamo.com See the link to the other post and just try it out yourself. Very cool app! http://android.modaco.com/topic/333720-web-filtering-on-android-tablet/