Speed up start on i910

Guest 180pilot

Guest 180pilot

I'm a heart attack survivor and consided my cell phone as a life link where ever I am at now. I have a i910 and the Roms I have tried all have some bugs and do not provide a working phone any faster then the stock D22 version I now have loaded. I assume the windows OS is what is taking the one min + time to load to a working phone. I'm wondering if any Rom could be developed to just start the phone first? The last Rom I tried, FlashWM7Blue23064.bin, seemed to take longer to load then the stock D22??? If one has a medical problem and the phone is turned off, waiting a minute to a minute and a half could mean the difference of life or death.

So if any of you cookers think this is doable, a lot of us old geezers would be grateful. I know I could go back to my old Flip non internet phone that started up in 10-15 sec. but to give up Google maps and IE when on the road would be unbearable.. Perhaps the simple answer is to never turn it off, which is about what I'm doing, as I have 2 spare batteries, ( thank goodness one can swap batteries out in a few seconds, unlike the iphone ), and an AC charger that charges both phone and spare battery at same time.

Thanks for your consideration.

Guest robertjm

It takes your Omnia between 60 and 90 seconds to load?!?!?!? That's insanely long.

I just checked mine and it took 45 seconds. I'm using Peperoni's Lite ROM. Check and see if you have a lot of programs that are loading at start up. Also, try and install apps to My Storage instead of main system memory and then tweak the memory settings to allow more memory be used by applications than storage. That might help you a little bit.

Of course the idea of not turning the phone off is probably the best one. Just make sure you keep it charged up. I'm able to go 2 to 3 days in standby with little actual communications time.

Robert

Guest gman34

mine def takes 60 to 90 sec with spb mobile shell.

are a lot of your programs installed on memory?

i also have a lot of startups and calendar entry's that always popup on start up.

robertjm's advice is legit.

Guest 180pilot
mine def takes 60 to 90 sec with spb mobile shell.

are a lot of your programs installed on memory?

i also have a lot of startups and calendar entry's that always popup on start up.

robertjm's advice is legit.

I have MemMaid installed and it only shows 7 items in start up:

Poutlook.Ink

AlarmWatcher.Ink

TimeWizard.Ink

Delete_RO .Ink (something to do with Resco trial version)????

LargeDisplay_CDMACSP.Ink

LargeDisplayStart.Ink

MemMaidTweaks.Ink

Have all programs I installed to Storage.

Start time is 1 min 04 sec.

Set MemMaid tweak to extreme speed, still 1min 04 sec.

Edited by 180pilot