Nexus One boot animation

Guest deanesn

Guest deanesn

Hey guys. Here is my first boot animation for our nexi. It is replica of the HTC boot animation for the HERO except it is for for the nexus. Hope you like it. :huh:

Here is the preview:

htc-nexus.gif

Here is the download.

bootanimation.zip

Guest deanesn
Sorry for the NOOB question, but how is this installed? Do I flash it, or is it a morph?

you need android sdk and from there you run adb.

ones you have installed the sdk, download the bootanimation.zip and save it the tools folder in the sdk. copy the path to the sdk's tools folder and open command prompt and type "cd "sdk path tools folder" and then type

"adb remount"

"adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/"

"adb reboot"

if you dont see the animation let your phone boot again and then follow those steps again but this time do

"adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/"

that will take care of the problem if it doesnt work in the /system/media/ folder.

Guest charronegro1971
you need android sdk and from there you run adb.

ones you have installed the sdk, download the bootanimation.zip and save it the tools folder in the sdk. copy the path to the sdk's tools folder and open command prompt and type "cd "sdk path tools folder" and then type

"adb remount"

"adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/"

"adb reboot"

if you dont see the animation let your phone boot again and then follow those steps again but this time do

"adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/"

that will take care of the problem if it doesnt work in the /system/media/ folder.

I have the bootanimation.zip file in the sdk tools folder and i followed both steps but it didn't work. I run adb to ensure the computer recognizes the phone is connected (it does) and then i tried both methods. When I hit enter, I get a loooong list of adb functions. What am I missing?

Guest thephreak
Hey guys. Here is my first boot animation for our nexi. It is replica of the HTC boot animation for the HERO except it is for for the nexus. Hope you like it. :P

Here is the preview:

htc-nexus.gif

Here is the download.

What font did you use ?

Guest charronegro1971
What font did you use ?

I got it to work! It took a while to realize that I wasn't adding a space after "bootanimation.zip" and /system/media. Your boot animation looks awesome and I'm looking forward to your future work. Thank you again.

Edited by charronegro1971

Guest deanesn

sorry guys i've been away on vacation, could not respond to questions but glad all got figured out. I glad you guys like it. I am currently working on theme for the desire. haven't done a lot of changes other than battery, signal and the status bar. :P