Majin`s experimental ROM based on Omnia B7300

Guest majino

Guest melburnian

Hi Majin

I have download and cooked the ROM. It is a beautiful ROM! I love it.

There are a couple of issues I found with a quick play of the ROM:

1. When I try to download the Accuweather and install it, I get the error:

OperaL.exe

The file 'OperaL' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

2. When I press the camera button to take a place, I get the following error:

Shortcut Target

Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

For me, everything else seems to be working including the Internet connection. :huh: :P

Guest Barry_Chanlo
Hi Majin

I have download and cooked the ROM. It is a beautiful ROM! I love it.

There are a couple of issues I found with a quick play of the ROM:

1. When I try to download the Accuweather and install it, I get the error:

OperaL.exe

The file 'OperaL' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

2. When I press the camera button to take a place, I get the following error:

Shortcut Target

Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.

For me, everything else seems to be working including the Internet connection. :huh: :P

1. you have to install opera mobile 10 so it would look for the widget but the problem is the widget will connect you to a blank website...hmmm... dunno why

2. in Generel settings then Buttons, assign button2 for camera.exe

Guest cenzo

Hi Majin, Brilliant rom, love it and have the following feed back to report.

1. there is no rotate screen option. ( i usually assign it to one of the hard keys on side)

2. not able to uninstall programs. There is nothing showing in installed progs except for obex inbox

3. when selecting a wallpaper using widget there are none.

4. titanium working but when i installed full screen weather, it's no longer starts up. back to point 2 wont allow me to uninstall.

that’s all i can think of for now. Would be nice if you could make next build using 6.5.x rom (start menu at bottom)

also gps, gprs and wifi all working fine.

thanks,

cenzo

Guest playboyfunny
Hi Majin, Brilliant rom, love it and have the following feed back to report.

1. there is no rotate screen option. ( i usually assign it to one of the hard keys on side)

2. not able to uninstall programs. There is nothing showing in installed progs except for obex inbox

3. when selecting a wallpaper using widget there are none.

4. titanium working but when i installed full screen weather, it's no longer starts up. back to point 2 wont allow me to uninstall.

that’s all i can think of for now. Would be nice if you could make next build using 6.5.x rom (start menu at bottom)

also gps, gprs and wifi all working fine.

thanks,

cenzo

to uninstall programms go to Settings->Memory Settings->Main Storage there u can delete installed programms.

Edited by playboyfunny

Guest Hanusch
1. there is no rotate screen option.

Omnia Lite have a new G-Senzor but I mean in programs is button/shortcut (on-off) for rotate display ...

Guest leap_ahead
to leap_ahead: Did you try what i wrote about internet setting in #47 post?

the problen on mu omnia is on operator settings when i change to other operator not do anything ..

I use this ROM already one day and for now is a good

I tried some of the cab and they work well

but still I can not do internet and W-Fi to work

I tried to change the operator but can not.

Are there any news about the Internet and Wi-Fi?

Guest rendeiro2005
I use this ROM already one day and for now is a good

I tried some of the cab and they work well

make two with that issue :blink:

yet, i`ve been using this rom since yesterday and everythis works as it should be. in fact i`ve try to build this same rom but in portuguese but i give up :o , so...what about a portuguese version of this rom chef? :P

Guest majino

For all:

plese post screens of error. We can connect to the internet via GPRS, WiFi - when somebody write "internet not working" - i can not reslove the issue, because i dont know if problem is with connection via GPRS or WiFi. Please, describe error and post screens. For ex. WiFi: omnia can not find my network" Becasue there can be 1000 posibilities why it doest work. I will do everything what i can :-)

Try to google your operator setting and set up your internet connection manually, for now.

1. I would like to cook this ROM in other languages, so write me PM wich one you want.

2. Next version of this ROM should be lite - without Widgets, with titanium 94 MB of free memory on main memory and probably 6.5.5 built 23563 (depends on my free time)

3. Program uninstallation - start - settings - memory settings - main storage - there you will see all installed applications. In installed items (advanced setting) are additional setting when you will install for example Srs wow HD.

4. Today screen is black - copy you favorite pictures in main storage - my documents - my pictures - then you select your favorite one for each screen.

5. Some settings are hidden, but are still in - for old settings - change registry value:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo]

"HideSettings"=dword:00000001

6. Please givefeed back if additional cabs are working.

to Barry_Chanlo: Rom works sometimes slowly, because i900 doesnt support 3D hardware (for ex. when writing 1. line of new message) - but it is not so terrible

to deltaztek: cab file for SMS can not be providet due to incompatibility with other ROM based od DXID1, DZIA1 etc...

to melburnian: weather widget was removed - but you can download new version - with more widgets application on widgetscreen

That`s all for a while ...

Thank you very much for your support :-)

The problem with Internet and Wi-Fi was when i connect to Wi-Fi show that I'm connected but when i open Opera or Google Maps showed that there was no Internet. It was same when i connect via USB cable to the Internet. but after manually put operator settings - GPRS & MMS all come to normal, then the internet works :huh:

Guest Lunchbox77

2. Next version of this ROM should be lite - without Widgets, with titanium 94 MB of free memory on main memory and probably 6.5.5 built 23563 (depends on my free time)

waiting for it man,

by the way the main menu works?

Guest leap_ahead

i have this problem too ..

and i cant set up manualy settings..