2nd Hand Nexus One stuck on Boot Screen?

Guest gunadic

Guest gunadic

Hey guys,

I just received a 2nd hand Nexus One after having to pull teeth from the seller on eBay. So I start up the phone. Everything seems great, it boots fine and then promptly dies from lack of a charge on the battery. So I let the phone charge, light turns green. Good to go right?

Wrong.

I turn the phone on, screen boots up to the nexus 1 logo (the 4 colored X?) and stays there. I wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. The phone's vibration buzzes once. I continue to wait. The phone vibrates again (maybe 15-20 minute intervals).

So, am I stuck with a brick here?

Thanks alot,

Gunadz

Guest R@v3n
Hey guys,

I just received a 2nd hand Nexus One after having to pull teeth from the seller on eBay. So I start up the phone. Everything seems great, it boots fine and then promptly dies from lack of a charge on the battery. So I let the phone charge, light turns green. Good to go right?

Wrong.

I turn the phone on, screen boots up to the nexus 1 logo (the 4 colored X?) and stays there. I wait... and wait... and wait... and wait. The phone's vibration buzzes once. I continue to wait. The phone vibrates again (maybe 15-20 minute intervals).

So, am I stuck with a brick here?

Thanks alot,

Gunadz

Seems like a bad flash. Try flashing a new kernel on it using fastboot. :huh:

Guest deanesn
Seems like a bad flash. Try flashing a new kernel on it using fastboot. :P

yep, R@v3n is correct. if it vibrates it means it actually boots into the system but if it repeats after a while it means that there is something wrong with that flash. so just reflash with cyanogen or even better the desire rom and you should be good to go. :huh:

Guest AndyCr15

Did he mention anything was wrong in his auction description? Did you get it rather cheap?

I have to say, I steer clear of low feedback auctions for just this reason. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear this now, but maybe others can learn?

I assume you paid through Paypal? I would put a claim in right now. They will hopefully get you most of your money back.

I hope you get it working soon.

Guest gunadic
Did he mention anything was wrong in his auction description? Did you get it rather cheap?

I have to say, I steer clear of low feedback auctions for just this reason. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear this now, but maybe others can learn?

I assume you paid through Paypal? I would put a claim in right now. They will hopefully get you most of your money back.

I hope you get it working soon.

He said that it was rooted and flashed to Sense UI, and I did get it for cheapish considering the condition of the physical phone (its a beaut! Makes iPhones look positively bulky!)

Either way, its up and running now... not sure what i did (soft reset and installed something from the SD? I got lucky I didn't muck it up...) Thanks for the responses though. I hope to be hanging around here more often... at least once finals are over.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidhorn
I should have taken your advice earlier. Its acting up again and I can't even get in to turn on USB and debug mode... this is going to be fun.

So get a PayPal refund.

Guest gunadic
So get a PayPal refund.

Working on it... eBays gone and made it more complicated than before.

If I can get it working again though, I'd rather not go through the hassle.

EDIT: I managed to flash it back to stock. So whoever is in charge can lock this thread if they want. Thanks alot!

Edited by gunadic