Request: Voice Dial Desire

Guest akom666

Guest akom666

Hi, i'm form spain, I see that the Desire does not have Voice dial, but Motorola milestone (Droid) In the last update it have it. It seems to be an app. It's any way to port this app to Desire?

Thaks

Guest The_IMF
Hi, i'm form spain, I see that the Desire does not have Voice dial, but Motorola milestone (Droid) In the last update it have it. It seems to be an app. It's any way to port this app to Desire?

Thaks

Paul has voice search on his Desire now after rooting it so I assume there'll be voice dial too.

You'll have to wait until the root procedure is in the public domain and download one of Pauls custom roms over it.

Guest irishandrew
Paul has voice search on his Desire now after rooting it so I assume there'll be voice dial too.

You'll have to wait until the root procedure is in the public domain and download one of Pauls custom roms over it.

Actually the Voice search doen't require Root to install - I have it on my currently unrooted Desire right now. There are a few tutorials around to do this - have a look on XDA, can't remember exactly where off hand. Voice dialing works fine.

-Andrew.

Guest akom666
Actually the Voice search doen't require Root to install - I have it on my currently unrooted Desire right now. There are a few tutorials around to do this - have a look on XDA, can't remember exactly where off hand. Voice dialing works fine.

-Andrew.

but in english isn't? I want to use voice dial in spanish. I want to say "llamar a luis" no "call louis"

Thaks

Guest irishandrew
but in english isn't? I want to use voice dial in spanish. I want to say "llamar a luis" no "call louis"

Thaks

Hi,

Voice search uses a speech engine and voice data - if you go into settings -> text-to-speech on the desire there is an option to "Install Voice Data". Under the default settings in that same place is a "Language" option - mine has Spanish listed as one of 6 available languages.

Similarly, you should also install TTS Extended (search TTS on the market, should be the first option from Eyes-Free Project), and you can change between the Pico TTS and eSpeak TTS engines. Currently using Pico and in my "Default Language" options there are about 37 languages, of which Spanish is one :-)

Just install the VoiceSearch2.1.apk that's floating around, and if you like also look on XDA (I think in the G1 forums) for the htc_ime_jonasl_hires.zip - it has the latest (my installed version is 2.4) modified HTC keyboard (same as you currently use in Sense, only with the microphone icon so you can dictate into any text box, and plenty more customisable options). DO NOT install the Clicker.apk inside the package - this is not needed for Sense devices.

With all this done you will have Spanish language, Voice TTS in text boxes, voice dialing by holding the search key and saying "llamar a ..." and voice search as well :-) all without Root.

Although if you're going to root anyway paul has just finished :huh:

-Andrew

Just did a quick search for you, here is the Voicesearch 2.1 that you need from Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/voicesearch/downl...;q=#makechanges

And here is the XDA thread you need to install the modified keyboard: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Edited by irishandrew

Guest akom666
Hi,

Voice search uses a speech engine and voice data - if you go into settings -> text-to-speech on the desire there is an option to "Install Voice Data". Under the default settings in that same place is a "Language" option - mine has Spanish listed as one of 6 available languages.

Similarly, you should also install TTS Extended (search TTS on the market, should be the first option from Eyes-Free Project), and you can change between the Pico TTS and eSpeak TTS engines. Currently using Pico and in my "Default Language" options there are about 37 languages, of which Spanish is one :-)

Just install the VoiceSearch2.1.apk that's floating around, and if you like also look on XDA (I think in the G1 forums) for the htc_ime_jonasl_hires.zip - it has the latest (my installed version is 2.4) modified HTC keyboard (same as you currently use in Sense, only with the microphone icon so you can dictate into any text box, and plenty more customisable options). DO NOT install the Clicker.apk inside the package - this is not needed for Sense devices.

With all this done you will have Spanish language, Voice TTS in text boxes, voice dialing by holding the search key and saying "llamar a ..." and voice search as well :-) all without Root.

Although if you're going to root anyway paul has just finished :huh:

-Andrew

Just did a quick search for you, here is the Voicesearch 2.1 that you need from Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/voicesearch/downl...;q=#makechanges

And here is the XDA thread you need to install the modified keyboard: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Thank you very much, as soon as i recive my desire i try it. You make me a happy man. One question about paul roms. They are only in english? Or the Rom is multi??

thaks again

Guest irishandrew
Thank you very much, as soon as i recive my desire i try it. You make me a happy man. One question about paul roms. They are only in english? Or the Rom is multi??

thaks again

Usually based on an existing ROM, so in this case likely the generic HTC rom which has Spanish built in. Any other locale can usually be installed through more_locale etc. (or MoreLocale 2 - free on the market).

-Andrew

Guest David_P

I have Generic'ified my Orange HTC desire to 1.15.405.4 and have installed the voice search but when I say "call name" it just brings up an option on screen to call name but says "add nunber" underneath even if it is already a contact.

All other voice search and dictation is working.

Please help, why doesn't it know my contacts and dial them?

I have ensure settings > search includes people

Many thanks in advance

David

Guest akom666
I have Generic'ified my Orange HTC desire to 1.15.405.4 and have installed the voice search but when I say "call name" it just brings up an option on screen to call name but says "add nunber" underneath even if it is already a contact.

All other voice search and dictation is working.

Please help, why doesn't it know my contacts and dial them?

I have ensure settings > search includes people

Many thanks in advance

David

It's seem to be voice search not voice dial. I hope someone can tell us how have voice dial without flashing.

Thanks

Guest irishandrew
It's seem to be voice search not voice dial. I hope someone can tell us how have voice dial without flashing.

Thanks

Hi,

Voice Search = Voice Dial. When Voice Search is installed it enables the use of Voice Dialing commands.

@DavidP, are your contacts set as Google Contacts/Phone Contacts or SIM contacts? I ask as all of mine are Google contacts sync'd from the cloud. I would imagine Android also searching through phone contacts, but as usual SIM cards are awkward beasts, and may not be searchable in the same way?

Regards,

Andrew.

Guest akom666

DavidP, finally you try to dial google contacts? it's works??

Other thing, I see in the cyanogendmod, in the kitchet in let you select voice dial and voice shearch as separate apps.

Thanks

Edited by akom666

Guest David_P

All of mine are Google contacts but it still will not actually perform the action of dialling. All that happens is that the list of options based upon my search appears.