HTC Desire - google maps - moving dot

Guest hassand

Guest hassand

i switched from an iphone to htc desire, the 2 things im missing so far are the paid apps and the moving dot in google maps. I live in Turkey so i dont have the navigation stuff offered in US or recently UK. The thing is iphone did not have navigation too other than giving directions between two points but it could show my position as a moving dot on the road while i was driving, and it was more than enough for me. The desire has a better google maps application maybe but i have to update my location manually and as you can imagine its kinda hard for me while driving:)

Anyway to enable that moving dot thingy? or any applications to do that, keep in mind that those applications need to be free until desire is rooted:)

Guest hassand
did you activate GPS Satelites ?

no but shouldnt it be done by the mobile network location data? gps cannot be that accurate anyway, not on a small device like this at least

Guest peter.taylor
no but shouldnt it be done by the mobile network location data? gps cannot be that accurate anyway, not on a small device like this at least

GPS is far more acurate than the network location.

Guest sim-value
no but shouldnt it be done by the mobile network location data?

The accuracy of that is between 2000-best 400 m

gps cannot be that accurate anyway, not on a small device like this at least

Oh yes it can, only on the iPhone you didnt notice that it uses GPS for that cause there is no indicator

GPS Accuracy is like 80-20 m

Guest amelon
The accuracy of that is between 2000-best 400 m

GPS Accuracy is like 80-20 m

In the Layar App i get an Accuracy between 80-200m without and 8-15m with GPS enabled.

Edited by amelon

Guest The_IMF

Yeah turn your GPS on. Network location is rubbish and YES iPhone does use it's built in GPS for Maps.

On a side note... install the Brut version of Maps....