14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ed.dark
maybe im just really thick, BUT, didnt it say in the pre-req's to have a windows pc?

then i dont find any way to follow the guide a few steps in if you are on a windows pc...

HELP ME PLEASE....

i am stuck on the red triangle screen.

win 7

It says you need a linux machine too. You can download the live cd from ubuntu:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

burn the .iso using win7's iso burner and boot your pc from it (or a spare pc/laptop if you have one),

then follow the linux instructions for the red triangle. pm me if you need help with linux bits so we saty on topic.

Guest PaulW21781

Quick question regarding the Apps2SD install...

Do I need to do anything to the SD Card?? (partitioning, etc), or am I good to just leave as-is after installing the 2nd part??

Great work though Paul, very well done :huh:

Guest fubuman_05
32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 Radio update (from Asia 1.19.707.6 update) now available in the second post. :huh:

P

is that the version with hboot v0.80? and is the version newer then the europian htc stock rom?

Guest neowl

Getting the same as all the other Linux newbies here, would be nice to have clearer instructions for those that aren't that clued up on the OS.

Stuck in recovery mode (red triangle).

Guest lmb__

hi! i am stuck on doing the recovery thing in linux, i run the program but nothing happes on the fone still showing red triangle! help?! have tried in both osx and ubuntu

Guest AndyCr15
It says you need a linux machine too. You can download the live cd from ubuntu:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

burn the .iso using win7's iso burner and boot your pc from it (or a spare pc/laptop if you have one),

then follow the linux instructions for the red triangle. pm me if you need help with linux bits so we saty on topic.

This is a LIVE CD? Why does it day put the CD in and follow instructions to install? Does it have the necessary drivers for the Desire already?

Guest kaaspad

Hey Paul, quick question in a post a while ago you released an alpha ROM for the Desire with chinese, arabic and hebrew, any chance of getting the support for these languages in a ROM you are releasing, currently without the ability to write to /system, I'm not sure how to add this support.

Guest Mklass

Wow come on guys read through the thread there has been mention of what to do if your stuck in recovery mode.. People are lazy these days..

Guest dreamdealer
I get an error. the terminal says that there is no adb-linux file. How can i fix it?

snap, do you have to have the android SDK installed or something.

Hey Paul, quick question in a post a while ago you released an alpha ROM for the Desire with chinese, arabic and hebrew, any chance of getting the support for these languages in a ROM you are releasing, currently without the ability to write to /system, I'm not sure how to add this support.

Chinese input is now available - see the second post.

P

Guest neowl
Wow come on guys read through the thread there has been mention of what to do if your stuck in recovery mode.. People are lazy these days..

I have read through this thread and done all that people have suggsted, and still nothing.

Guest dreamdealer
I have what installed?

ignore that SDK thingy, really cant be arsed explaining.. i am using virtual box can like see adb-linux file with ls. can even cat adb-linux file but for some reason i cant run it says its not there. going to to take the ubuntu live cd approach see if that works. i know a fair bit about linux as well but this one is a bit of head f*uk

Guest Mklass
If you get an insufficient permissions error in Linux...

./adb-linux kill-server

sudo ./adb-linux start-server

sudo ./recovery-linux.sh

P

There we go, for those with permission error

Guest VGLink
ignore that SDK thingy, really cant be arsed explaining.. i am using virtual box can like see adb-linux file with ls. can even cat adb-linux file but for some reason i cant run it says its not there. going to to take the ubuntu live cd approach see if that works. i know a fair bit about linux as well but this one is a bit of head f*uk

I'm using the Live CD and have the same error -.-

Guest mtbmtb

I get the following error:

error[131]: customer id error

the rom update utility cannot update your android phone

please get the correct rom update utility and try again

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest PaulW21781
I have read through this thread and done all that people have suggsted, and still nothing.

Are you extracting ALL the files from the archive pushfiles.zip ?? Instead of just opening the archive and running recovery-linux.sh ??

You need to extract everything to a folder, open a Terminal, and then run the commands from within gnome-terminal (Accessories -> Terminal), and do it from the folder which everything is extracted from

ie

cd pushfiles

sudo ./adb-linux kill-server

sudo ./recovery-linux.sh

done

Edited by PaulW21781

Guest PaulW21781
I get the following error:

error[131]: customer id error

the rom update utility cannot update your android phone

please get the correct rom update utility and try again

Any help would be appreciated!

Problem with how you created the goldcard by sounds of it, try re-making one exactly as described in the original post.

Guest Kopfgeldjaeger
Quick question regarding the Apps2SD install...

Do I need to do anything to the SD Card?? (partitioning, etc), or am I good to just leave as-is after installing the 2nd part??

Great work though Paul, very well done :huh:

I'm also not sure about this. We probably have to make another ext2 partition I guess, but is this described somewhere? Does apps2sd automatically recognize that partition etc. pp...

Cheers

Guest ssozonoff

OK Cool,

Worked the second time around!

Looks like it has hung during the last phase of copying off the SD card. Its been > 30 minuites now :-(

Paul, can I interrupt the process ?

However in re-reading the "preface" it seems I might not be able to install the new BT stack since it seems we do not have write access on /system

Paul you seemed to indicate that there was however a way to access the system partition, just not the "standard" way, care to elaborate?

BTW is the image based on the shipped Desire rom? I ask because if its not then this Bluetooth stack might already work properly.

Thanks,

Serge