14/Jun r6 riskfreeroot - HTC Desire rooting guide - now with HBOOT 0.80 and OS to 1.21 support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thezork

Can I change the font file and use the command like?

adb-linux remount

adb-linux push DroidSans.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSans-Bold.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSansMono.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Bold.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Italic.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Regular.ttf /system/fonts

Thanks,

Benz

Guest radshag
To enable A2SD just create a second partition that is EXT3.

radshag, it's not seeing your device plugged in at all... re: Linux issues, I tested on Karmic 64 bit and it was fine.

Try su'ing to the root user and running it perhaps?

P

Paul,

It is not seeing my device at all. I am using a macbook pro with snow leopard....

Thanks,

Dov

Guest smilys

I have installed the new rom from my PC. I have a mac to but no idea how to use it (my Sons)

Can anyone please tell me what to do in the mac?

Guest dennusb
when you wipe the phone was it connected to your pc ? cuze when i do wipe en then select 'Flash zip from sdcard" i get an error about not having zip files on my e drive

:S

Then click the Enable USB option, and copy the rooted .zip file to your phone :huh:

Then click on your trackpad and try flashing again :P

Guest DjDario

I don't understand this

"Now you need to unzip the 'push files' zip that you downloaded above. When you have done so, you'll see a file called 'recovery-linux.sh' or 'recovery-mac.sh'. Run the one appropriate to your operating system and the screen of your device should change to display the green recovery image menu."

What i should do? Please give me step by step instructions. I have PC with Windows Vista. Thanks!

Guest nikosrs4

when i click recovery-linux.sh opens a pop up with option "run in terminal" and "run" and whatever i choose nothing happens...like i didn't choose a thing... :huh:

Guest Dan-Inge

Hello

I have a "Nordic" phone.

First: Can I do the root?

With the ROM provided in first post, will it make any difference else then the root access?

Like do I loose Norwegian char "æøå"? Or loose anything else?

And apps like "Marked enabler" works now? Or still some root progress needed? (sorry, just been answered)

And what with all other programs that need root access?

A2SD and App 2 SD different things?

Edited by Dan-Inge

Can UK users update to latest 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 radio in post 2?

Yeah, I'm using it fine here! I generally always try and use the latest radio.

P

tried several times and getting the exact same message. Does it matter that I'm running in VirtualBox (i've enabled the USB within linux, rather than my Windows host)?

I'm not that familiar with VirtualBox i'm afraid, but have you 'connected' the USB in VirtualBox?

P

Can I change the font file and use the command like?

adb-linux remount

adb-linux push DroidSans.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSans-Bold.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSansMono.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Bold.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Italic.ttf /system/fonts

adb-linux push DroidSerif-Regular.ttf /system/fonts

Thanks,

Benz

No.... but you can boot to recovery, replace 'adb-linux remount' with 'adb shell mount /system' then try that!

P

Guest thephreak
Then click the Enable USB option, and copy the rooted .zip file to your phone :huh:

Then click on your trackpad and try flashing again :blink:

thnx mate but i found out my epic fail mistake by reading the how to again :P

i extracted that file in the root :o hahaha

thnx for the help !!!!

btw does the installation only take a minute or 3?

Edited by thephreak

Questions that people will be asking..

What is the new Radio for?

How do we create a ext3 partition for apps2sd?

- Updates to 'radio' (e.g. phone reception, etc.)

- I use Gparted on Linux

P

Paul,

It is not seeing my device at all. I am using a macbook pro with snow leopard....

Thanks,

Dov

Worked here on my iMac with SL. Strange...

P

Guest mrshark

does the rom included contain italian language? because in europe, some desire bought in france contains only english and french, while other bought in italy contains many more languages...

p.s.: i'll translate the guide in italian if you would, paul... and register for adfree modaco asap! Thanks a lot :-)

Guest nieldk
Tether, adfree android et al don't need system write access. In fact, nothing does.

This ROM includes Sense of course.

If you can get hold of a standard RUU for your operator, you can flash back to stock, if not you can easily flash back to generic stock.

P

hmm I just hope that is true also for the marketenabler app

Guest DjDario

I don't understand this

"Now you need to unzip the 'push files' zip that you downloaded above. When you have done so, you'll see a file called 'recovery-linux.sh' or 'recovery-mac.sh'. Run the one appropriate to your operating system and the screen of your device should change to display the green recovery image menu."

What i should do? Please give me step by step instructions. I have PC with Windows Vista. Thanks!

Guest twistywizard
Can someone explain how i use apps2sd? Ive rooted and installed apps2sd from the recovery menu but there is no app on the phone? Cheers.

As per this chap. Is it then a case of making an SD card with a FAT32 & EXT2 partition and then that is it? Or do we need to do further steps. I have found some guides but these are for different handsets and different ROMS it seems (I think). I do not want to mess anything up!

Guest twistywizard
I don't understand this

You need to do this part on either a MAC or Linux. If you have a PC I believe you need to download a Live Linux CD and boot from this, then run the .sh file from shell/terminal.

Guest sicc00

Hi!

i have a question, I have a Desire not branded to any network, i have clean retailed phone from HTC, so need I to do a GoldenCard?

I will be grateful for the answer :huh:

Guest craig0r
tried several times and getting the exact same message. Does it matter that I'm running in VirtualBox (i've enabled the USB within linux, rather than my Windows host)?

I would actually recommend VMWare instead. I've tried vbox on two previous Android phones, and it doesn't seem to recognize adb devices properly (at least when using a 64-bit host.)