28/Apr r1 - standalone WVGA HTC_CIME Chinese Input update zip

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest John L.
You have to go into Language & Keyboard settings / Touch Input Chinese / Select Simplified Chinese

I also get a force close on the nexus one (Froyo). Is there a way that I can manually change the settings to use simplified?

Thanks for the great work!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nomadism

I also have the FC issue with N1 Froyo. Even with the Modaco r21 with Chinese ROM from the online Kitchen. I'm supposing that the HTC Chinese IME doesn't work with the Froyo Build.

-- update

To be exact, the problem is not that the IME is not working. The problem comes when I try to switch from Traditional to Simplified in the settings. Yes, I can type with the IME, the Hand writing works, but all of these functions only work with Traditional. I know I have to change the settings to Simplified, but that's exactly when the FC occurs.

Edited by nomadism

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seto613

Thanks for your great job, Paul.

I found that this cime is not the latest version. It's some different between the original one on desire(official 2.1).

for example some of the chinese unicode characters can be input by Canglie on original cime but not on this one.

I'd tried to port the official 2.1 to froyo but fc error finally.

Do you mind trying?? i'd copies those files from the official 2.1 rom and uploaded to here.

Thank you very much.

Guest Zoide

I also get the Force Close when I try to switch to simplified characters on the Nexus One.

Any ideas for a fix? Thanks

This is the logcat output:

D/AndroidRuntime( 1004): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 1004): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d7f0)

W/ActivityManager( 118): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{44000340 com.htc.android.cime/.settings.Handwriting}

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.htc.widget.HtcAlertDialog$Builder

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.htc.preference.HtcDialogPreference.showDialog(HtcDialogPreference.java:276)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.htc.preference.HtcDialogPreference.onClick(HtcDialogPreference.java:261)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.htc.preference.HtcPreference.performClick(HtcPreference.java:810)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.htc.preference.HtcPreferenceScreen.onItemClick(HtcPreferenceScreen.java:182)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.widget.AdapterView.performItemClick(AdapterView.java:284)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.widget.ListView.performItemClick(ListView.java:3382)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.widget.AbsListView$PerformClick.run(AbsListView.java:1696)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)

E/AndroidRuntime( 1004): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

W/ActivityManager( 118): Force finishing activity com.htc.android.cime/.settings.Handwriting

W/ActivityManager( 118): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{44398eb8 com.htc.android.cime/.settings.Handwriting}

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aaca0712

Hi Paul,

This ZIP was working perfectly before the FR91 ROM.

But this time, I can't flash from DC card.

My setup method:

1. Bootloader mode/Flash from SD card

System show

Copying files...

E: Failure at line 3:

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:

But the same file is working with previous ROM.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Any update for the HTC Magic ? Is it working for someone ?

Here is my configuration:

HTC Magic 32A - Android 2.2 FroYo - CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS

RECOVERY: Amon_RA RA-sapphire-v1.7.0H KERNEL: bc-6.0.0-ebi1-signed.zip

BOOTLOADER: SAPPHIRE PVT 32A ENG S-OFF H; HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP10000); CPLD-12; RADIO-3.22.20.17

Cheers,

Z.

Edited by Zh0nG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest ballj

Well Done Paul. Looking for it for a long time. If you can replace the original keyboard with the Desire HD keyboard (Keyboard with arrow), it will be great. Wait for your great work.

Thanks a lot.