Desire and Soft Keys

Guest Hasibul

Guest Hasibul

So I am using the r21 of the Desire ROM for Nexus One by Paul. The problem is that my softkeys do not work at all. They just never light up. I tried searching the forum but I didn't really find anything. And for some reason, every instance where it is mentioned in the official thread, no one bothers to answer the question. So here's a thread for it. Anyone else have this problem? Or a solution?

Guest Scott Ricketts

You still have to aim high, but mine work. Occasionally I will notice the touch screen go all wonky and I have to lock it and unlock it.

Guest kwandds
Mine literally are never on. I have yet to ever see them light up.

If your talking about the lighting only, and not the actual functionality of the buttons when pressed, its a known issue. Some have no problems and some can't get it to work.

I never really paid attention to it before, but I noticed that after flashing the UV-850 undervolted kernel (available in xda), mine lights up under proper lighting conditions (ie dark room).

Guest animas
If your talking about the lighting only, and not the actual functionality of the buttons when pressed, its a known issue. Some have no problems and some can't get it to work.

I never really paid attention to it before, but I noticed that after flashing the UV-850 undervolted kernel (available in xda), mine lights up under proper lighting conditions (ie dark room).

My lights have never worked on R21, whilst a inconvenience I happy with the aplha and use it as my everyday rom. Just wondering after you flashed with UV kernel how stable is the desire port? Thanks in advance.