24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Peganos
Thanks for your answer, by the way, once I try to start the second step, terminal says "device not found" like all the others, and i can't select anything. Should i see any another screens in the meanwhile?

Sorry for my noobish questions but it's my first android device :P so i need to make a little traning (no problem at all (at least) while creating the goldcard :huh: )

Normally your device shows the triangle, then you start step2. A little while after that your phone should show a progress bar and boot into recovery menu. And here you follow the instructions of paul's guide again.

Perhaps you should try it with an ruu and start again from the beginning.. But remember !! The Legend had to be powered on for step2 !!

Hope that helps you.

Guest jakontil

Darn.... i tried to downgrade the rom to 1.23 but i got error bootloader mismatch.... gonna wait for the root update....

Guest SimoxTa
Normally your device shows the triangle, then you start step2. A little while after that your phone should show a progress bar and boot into recovery menu. And here you follow the instructions of paul's guide again.

Perhaps you should try it with an ruu and start again from the beginning.. But remember !! The Legend had to be powered on for step2 !!

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for your help, btw, after the screen with the triangle, as soon as i start the step 2, nothing appears, i see on the console that the daemon has been started but just few seconds later it says "device not found". (i tried the kill the daemon and restart executing "./adb devices" but it shows nothing connected).

I tried both with the CD and on the Virtual Machine (WMWare) and the only difference i noticed is a slower transfer speed in VMWare but anything else. I even tried to unplug every other USB devices to avoid conflicts but nothing seems to change :P

(during transfer i always receive the warning "remote: 43 main version check fail")

Finally i tried to follow your steps to downgrade but i received the "Error 140: bootloader version error" (with the goldcard inserted).

I followed the guide to make the goldcard and trying it just after the replace of the headers, it seems to work, cause it is recognized by system.

As far as i know, i should have a 1.31 Rom with HBOOT 0.43.0001 and RADIO 7.05.35.26L

About any other informations, as motherboard i have an Asus P5K-SE, and I don't know if it's normal but in VMWare as soon i move from "fastboot" to "bootloader" the device is recognized as a storage device (while in first time was recognized as "High Android Device 1.0").

One last thing: on Hboot menu, the system checks for images on the SD and it says that nothing can be found. Is that normal?

Thanks for your precious time :huh:

Guest rodriguezstyle
Darn.... i tried to downgrade the rom to 1.23 but i got error bootloader mismatch.... gonna wait for the root update....

yes is still impossible i hope the Update comes today...

Guest Peganos
Thanks for your help, btw, after the screen with the triangle, as soon as i start the step 2, nothing appears, i see on the console that the daemon has been started but just few seconds later it says "device not found". (i tried the kill the daemon and restart executing "./adb devices" but it shows nothing connected).

I tried both with the CD and on the Virtual Machine (WMWare) and the only difference i noticed is a slower transfer speed in VMWare but anything else. I even tried to unplug every other USB devices to avoid conflicts but nothing seems to change :P

(during transfer i always receive the warning "remote: 43 main version check fail")

Finally i tried to follow your steps to downgrade but i received the "Error 140: bootloader version error" (with the goldcard inserted).

I followed the guide to make the goldcard and trying it just after the replace of the headers, it seems to work, cause it is recognized by system.

As far as i know, i should have a 1.31 Rom with HBOOT 0.43.0001 and RADIO 7.05.35.26L

About any other informations, as motherboard i have an Asus P5K-SE, and I don't know if it's normal but in VMWare as soon i move from "fastboot" to "bootloader" the device is recognized as a storage device (while in first time was recognized as "High Android Device 1.0").

One last thing: on Hboot menu, the system checks for images on the SD and it says that nothing can be found. Is that normal?

Thanks for your precious time :huh:

Normally I would say you had to enable USB-Debugging - But then step1 wouldn't run correctly.. But try it..

Howto: Boot your phone -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging

I would do the rooting on a physical maschine..

I don't know exactly, but I think the image will be copied in step 2 - So it's normal that nothing can be found.

One little tip: Don't unplug your phone while you are in the recovery menu, because it runs the menu from your pc and hangs up if you unplug before you restart.

Regards..

Edited by Peganos

Guest FrankT

I'm getting the same error

All go fine until step1, but in step2 show me that device not found...

I'll try to downgrade but i'm really tired, i have been testing and getting errors during all weekend

I'm still waiting for you guys cause you're the pros haha

Thanks a lot

Regards

Guest Peganos
I'm getting the same error

All go fine until step1, but in step2 show me that device not found...

I'll try to downgrade but i'm really tired, i have been testing and getting errors during all weekend

I'm still waiting for you guys cause you're the pros haha

Thanks a lot

Regards

Could do the progress again from the beginning and write everything down.. Perhabs I can help you then.. Need more input ;D

Guest SimoxTa
Could do the progress again from the beginning and write everything down.. Perhabs I can help you then.. Need more input ;D

I'll check too :P (to learn :huh: )

Guest nieldk
Paul, any news about the root for 1.31 yet, today's Monday :huh:

Give the guy some peace. It might not be an easy case. As a matter of fact I think not. I have been trying since friday here.

Next thing. Goldgard creation online at Revskills have been pulled.

I am trying another method that might or might not work, using QMAT. But i really cant confirm that at this moment. I will need to either have a working root image, or a non- rooted image with a ROM Version higher than 1.31 with a CID different from my DK Rom.

GOOD LUCK PAUL love yiur work even if I was stupid enough to update OTA.

Guest rodriguezstyle

Paul is Completely Offline and Root for 1.31 will not Work for sure...

Edited by rodriguezstyle

Guest nieldk
Give the guy some peace. It might not be an easy case. As a matter of fact I think not. I have been trying since friday here.

Next thing. Goldgard creation online at Revskills have been pulled.

I am trying another method that might or might not work, using QMAT. But i really cant confirm that at this moment. I will need to either have a working root image, or a non- rooted image with a ROM Version higher than 1.31 with a CID different from my DK Rom.

GOOD LUCK PAUL love yiur work even if I was stupid enough to update OTA.

Just to inform. Goldcard creation is online at http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard

And, no, Paul was online today. Be patient boys. I'm sure he wont let us down.

Guest FrankT

At least!

I start again, and created the goldcard again, and then i downgrade to 1.31 ROM that linked on page 2, installed from fastboot usb and then repeat the process and it's done!

Thanks everybody :huh:

Regards

Guest Peganos
At least!

I start again, and created the goldcard again, and then i downgrade to 1.31 ROM that linked on page 2, installed from fastboot usb and then repeat the process and it's done!

Regards

You mean you downgraded to 1.23? Did you made the ota to 1.31 after the rooting?

Guest daggel
At least!

Regards

When you did the goldcard, did you use the guide posted in this forum because there is no mmc1 in my Legend only a mmc0 when I search for the CID ?

Is that the right ID to use ? I have done a goldcard from that (mmc0) cid-path but I'm not 100% sure that it's correct and it would be great to know :P

Guest FrankT
When you did the goldcard, did you use the guide posted in this forum because there is no mmc1 in my Legend only a mmc0 when I search for the CID ?

Is that the right ID to use ? I have done a goldcard from that (mmc0) cid-path but I'm not 100% sure that it's correct and it would be great to know :P

Yeah, i used mmc0 instead mmc1 :huh:

Regards