24/May r4 - HTC Legend rooting guide - Now with 1.31.x

Guest PaulOBrien

Just checked on my Legend and I can enable WiFi fine?

What is the issue?

P

Problem is that it can not be enabled. When you "push" on WLAN, the system says "WLAN could not be enabled" - Sorry, translation from german language settings :P

i got FAILED remote: 42 costum ID check fail on step1 and 4 times error: Device not found on step2 any solution ???

Edited by rodriguezstyle

i got FAILED remote: 42 costum ID check fail on step1 and 4 times error: Device not found on step2 any solution ???

Your goldcard isn't working.

P

Your goldcard isn't working.

P

I'm stuck at step 1 during "writing 'zip' " since...about 15 mins ago" could the usb be so slow? :P

Hmmm, strange, that should work fine then... i'd make a goldcard with a different microSD!

P

Ok so i did with a Kingston 2go goldcard and it did the same thing FYI. Thanks anyway.

Still "43 main version check fail".

Edited by Alexandre_Ds

Problem is that it can not be enabled. When you "push" on WLAN, the system says "WLAN could not be enabled" - Sorry, translation from german language settings :P

Same problem here. And also there seems to be some issues with mobile data connection, it enables, but I cant look up any pages.

No, it sounds like it's not transferred correctly - try again!

P

One last question: Unplugging during the "writing" phase in RUU mode (aka step 1) could be dangerous? (i refer to brick risks)

Edited by SimoxTa

SimoxTa, unplugging while it's writing hboot could be VERY dangerous... unplugging while it's writing the file across to the device, less so.

P

+1 with wifi issue

i had wifi problems with official ota update too cant find any networks before rooting, but now cant enable wifi

I tested on Linux and step 1 does not get stuck like it was in Windows 7.

However I've got error 43 main version check failed.

What does it mean? Does it have something to do with my firmware version 1.32.

Also when I try to get in recovery mode I've got a red exclamtion mark, can somedy tell me what's wrong.

Thanks

Edited by bBarou

r2 = release 2. r4 was a typo. :P

'Main Version Check Failed' - are you on a 1.32 version bBarou? It seems this only works for ROMs 1.31 or below!

P