Skyfire on Desire ROM?

Guest JonnyRockets

Guest JonnyRockets

Is anyone else getting just a full white screen when trying to view a video?

Tried it on abc.com, colbernation.com, nbc.com and it's always just a huge white screen.

Anyone else successfully loaded videos? If so, what site?

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest JonnyRockets
I would check in the Desire Forum.

Done. I just thought it'd be more prudent to post here since I am not using a Desire.

Here's a picture of what I'm seeing by the way (I can hear the sound perfectly, just no video):

35264387.png

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest TinyEri01
Done. I just thought it'd be more prudent to post here since I am not using a Desire.

Here's a picture of what I'm seeing by the way (I can hear the sound perfectly, just no video):

35264387.png

Gotcha. I'm currently using the NexDesire v1.2 Remix ROM and I get that white screen on many sites. Some work, some don't.

Most Youtube videos seem to work just fine, but some flash videos on sites like Engadget or CNET just show a white screen.

It seems to be just a little less reliable than the Flash Lite on the current Desire ROMs.

Guest JonnyRockets
It seems to be just a little less reliable than the Flash Lite on the current Desire ROMs.

Aside from YouTube (which I have yet to test actually), I have not seen Skyfire play a SINGLE video.

I just wanted to know if it was just me or if everyone on the Desire ROM has the same issue.

Guest browngeek
Aside from YouTube (which I have yet to test actually), I have not seen Skyfire play a SINGLE video.

I just wanted to know if it was just me or if everyone on the Desire ROM has the same issue.

Quite new to posting on this board, but have been reading it for a while.

I'm running the Cyanogen ROM and tried Skyfire. Hulu no loving, then tried m.nbc.com. Originally got white screen, but then I ran my VPN US connection and was able to watch videos no problem (I'm based in HK).

Guest evilive27

I'm having the same problem. So far even youtube videos for me are white screen. It plays for like 1 second and then goes to a white screen.

Oh well.

Guest JonnyRockets
I'm having the same problem. So far even youtube videos for me are white screen. It plays for like 1 second and then goes to a white screen.

Oh well.

Damn.

Has anyone else gotten videos to work properly? (On the N1 Desire ROM)

I'm using alpha21

Guest omegacorp

I have the same problem too, blank video and sound but before the blank video I can see a microsecond of the video ...

Guest squirreleater
Damn.

Has anyone else gotten videos to work properly? (On the N1 Desire ROM)

I'm using alpha21

Nope, doesn't work for me.

Nexus one /Desire rom A21

Guest bedwa

I've noticed when playing videos on my N1 with the Desire rom that if I have too many backgrounded programs, it'll play white. (both Skyfire and yxflash) After I kill a few programs I can play the videos with no problems. On occasion with yxflash I can put my phone to sleep and reopen it and it will fix, but I know this is a no-go for skyfire.