Force desktop version on browser?

Guest ksc6000

Guest ksc6000

Hi all,

I just downloaded and flashed Modaco's ROM for the Nexus one and I really like it!!

The only thing that's bothering me is I can't find any way to force websites to open their desktop versions. In cyanogen's mod, going into settings, user agent, you could set either "Android, Desktop, iPhone, Internet Explorer". I don't care about any of that specifically, just wanna be able to force open desktop versions of sites. Is it possible?

Thank you.

KSC

Guest cezent
I did that but it still takes me to the mobile version of sites :huh:

try install Skyfire, it was just out yesterday, very tidy and clean little browser. you can choose to view website in Android, Desktop or iPhone version. I like it.

Guest JonnyRockets
I did that but it still takes me to the mobile version of sites :huh:

Which websites?

Some websites absolutely refuse to give you the normal webpage.

Such as www.nytimes.com

As the other poster mentioned, Skyfire does work though.

Guest ksc6000
Which websites?

Some websites absolutely refuse to give you the normal webpage.

Such as www.nytimes.com

As the other poster mentioned, Skyfire does work though.

Yeah I will have to get skyfire for those.

Sites like google calendar. This is one thing I miss from cyanogen's ROM, the ability to make the regular browser just force desktop versions of websites.

Guest Belister

On the stock browser if you enter about:debug into the address bar this will enable the UAString option in settings. Then you can change it to Desktop, Iphone or Android.

This what you are after?

Problem is it doesn't seem to be persistant. You keep having to enter about:debug again to get the option back.

Hope its useful anyway

Guest Belister
skyfire is the solution

Well no, not to this it isn't:

This is one thing I miss from cyanogen's ROM, the ability to make the regular browser just force desktop versions of websites.

Plus you said it already.

Guest ksc6000
On the stock browser if you enter about:debug into the address bar this will enable the UAString option in settings. Then you can change it to Desktop, Iphone or Android.

This what you are after?

Problem is it doesn't seem to be persistant. You keep having to enter about:debug again to get the option back.

Hope its useful anyway

Thank you, it does work partially, and you're right that it does keep disappearing away. I'm having to use skyfire, and I feel bad wasting the app space for it.