[GUIDE] Building your own Flashable ROM

Guest amdzero

Guest xlightwaverx
using the tools I have given (ultimately from Wozzer THANKS YO!) you cannot have any duplicates.

This means that if there is a shellres.192.dll file in your OEM folder, AND a shellres.192.dll file (OR FOLDER) in the SYS folder somewhere, you will have a failure.

This is easy to fix especailly using windows 7, just do a quick search, as in our example shellres.192.dll in the kitchen root folder. When you see duplicate files, or a file and a folder with the same name, make sure you are using one or the other, and delete or move the other one out of the kitchen SYS/OEM folders.

I have a custom shellres.192.dll for my icons, so I have to remove shellres.192.dll folder (which also has the shellres.192.dll file in it) to another place or delete it.

Make sense? (or does it make ZeroSense? I couldn't help it!)

it thinks it is a directory by the sound of it. but if I remove the file in the rom you are saying that the file coming from 3.5 should work? all I am doing is trying to package that.net stuff into the rom to see if I can do it.already cooked one which I am writing to you on but I need to know how to do this basic step. make sense? if it was just aa duplicate file wouldn't build os tell me that instead of what I quoted?

x

Guest amdzero
it thinks it is a directory by the sound of it. but if I remove the file in the rom you are saying that the file coming from 3.5 should work? all I am doing is trying to package that.net stuff into the rom to see if I can do it.already cooked one which I am writing to you on but I need to know how to do this basic step. make sense? if it was just aa duplicate file wouldn't build os tell me that instead of what I quoted?

x

"temp\dump\mscoree.dll"

means there IS a duplicate. You cannot have a file AND a folder with the same name existing in the same folder.

so file x cannot exist with folder x, windows just won't let it.

you really don't need to add .net 3.5 because it is already in the sys folder.

You will notice there is a NetCF folder in SYS.

in that folder there is a folder called mscoree.dll

and yes in that folder there is a file called mscoree.dll

so basically one or the other has to go. either your mscoree.dll file in your OEM folder, or the mscoree.dll folder AND file in the NetCF folder.

Guest xlightwaverx

I am using dc 23 stock not the black blue you sent me. also using some newer tools. I can't believe they packaged this shut like this.

x

Guest amdzero
I am using dc 23 stock not the black blue you sent me. also using some newer tools. I can't believe they packaged this shut like this.

x

newer tools?

Guest WinJo69

AMDZero and other chefs,

Trying my luck at this crazy thing called cooking.

I thought I was doing real good until this:

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>BuildROM.cmd

Could Not Find C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2\FlashRom.nb0

Running BuildOS

The system cannot execute the specified program.

There was an error: Please run BuildROM again!

The system cannot find the batch label specified - error

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>

I thought it might be something I did so I tried it again on an unmodified kitchen and I still get the same error.

I'm sure its a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair but I just can't zero in on it.

A Little help PLZ

Thanks!

Guest Ninja4Hire
AMDZero and other chefs,

Trying my luck at this crazy thing called cooking.

I thought I was doing real good until this:

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>BuildROM.cmd

Could Not Find C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2\FlashRom.nb0

Running BuildOS

The system cannot execute the specified program.

There was an error: Please run BuildROM again!

The system cannot find the batch label specified - error

C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2>

I thought it might be something I did so I tried it again on an unmodified kitchen and I still get the same error.

I'm sure its a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair but I just can't zero in on it.

A Little help PLZ

Thanks!

Can't say that I have seen that error before. Try deleting the temp folder and if you do have a flashrom.nbo file in the kitchen delete that as well. Not sure if that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

Guest xlightwaverx
newer tools?

yah, package creator 5.5

using cab2pkg, pkg2cab, found on xda i think.

messin with syakr10_rc1

but here's my question:

Ok, so I just incorporated NETCF3.5 into the Stock Rom (that AMD posted) i had to remove:

mscoree.dll

netcfmail3_5.dll

netcfd3dm3_5.dll

mscoree3_5.dll

SetupDLL.dll

netcfagl3_5.dll

Now. I can't remember who said it but someone said something about 3.5 already being in the stock rom? Is that correct information? Because i just CAB to OEM'd into the ROM, BuildOS took it like a champ, but i had to remove the above 6 files.

Now, if .net3.5 was already in the stock rom? how come it only complained about 6 files, and not all them?

Hmm...

Got a road trip, will be back around 5:00pm EST.

Hope someone has an answer by then :)

Thanks,

X

Guest WinJo69
Can't say that I have seen that error before. Try deleting the temp folder and if you do have a flashrom.nbo file in the kitchen delete that as well. Not sure if that will do anything, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply. I don't even find a TEMP folder or a .nbo file anywhere in the kitchen.

Again, I tried running this directly from the "i920 DC23 Stock" Kitchen I downloaded as the first steps in this thread\document and it does not work there either. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Thanks for the reply. I don't even find a TEMP folder or a .nbo file anywhere in the kitchen.

Again, I tried running this directly from the "i920 DC23 Stock" Kitchen I downloaded as the first steps in this thread\document and it does not work there either. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks in advance for your replies.

There is no reason you should not be able to build from XP.

Ok try this. I have rar'd up the Tools folder and the build OS files. Delete everything except your OEM,SYS, and ROM folder. Copy all this into your kitchen folder where those folders are, and then try to build.

BuildROM_and_Tools.rar

Guest amdzero
yah, package creator 5.5

messin with syakr10_rc1

but here's my question:

Ok, so I just incorporated NETCF3.5 into the Stock Rom (that AMD posted) i had to remove:

mscoree.dll

netcfmail3_5.dll

netcfd3dm3_5.dll

mscoree3_5.dll

SetupDLL.dll

netcfagl3_5.dll

Now. I can't remember who said it but someone said something about 3.5 already being in the stock rom? Is that correct information? Because i just CAB to OEM'd into the ROM, BuildOS took it like a champ, but i had to remove the above 6 files.

Now, if .net3.5 was already in the stock rom? how come it only complained about 6 files, and not all them?

Hmm...

Thanks,

X

can you post the oem package, or the cab or the link to either. I'll take a look at it.

and YES the updated versions of winmo already have .net cf in them.

Guest WinJo69
There is no reason you should not be able to build from XP.

Ok try this. I have rar'd up the Tools folder and the build OS files. Delete everything except your OEM,SYS, and ROM folder. Copy all this into your kitchen folder where those folders are, and then try to build.

BuildROM_and_Tools.rar

Ninja,

Still same error msg? what the heck? If it was just failing on the one I am hacking up, I would say its me, but its failing even on the stock one.

Could it be my virus Protection? or something else stupid like that?

thx again for any help

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja,

Still same error msg? what the heck? If it was just failing on the one I am hacking up, I would say its me, but its failing even on the stock one.

Could it be my virus Protection? or something else stupid like that?

thx again for any help

Ok this may be dumb, but I noticed your path is "C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2". Try putting it on the desktop and see what happens.

Guest WinJo69
Ok this may be dumb, but I noticed your path is "C:\Cooking\i920_Kitchen_2". Try putting it on the desktop and see what happens.

Tried that too. Same result. (frustrating).

I even crippled by Virus Protection.

I'm sure its something real simple that I'm missing.

It all comes done to running the BuildOS.exe. Even when I try and run it directly, I get an error message.

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Guest amdzero
Tried that too. Same result. (frustrating).

I even crippled by Virus Protection.

I'm sure its something real simple that I'm missing.

It all comes done to running the BuildOS.exe. Even when I try and run it directly, I get an error message.

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

could you do me a favor...

open a command prompt, navigate to the root of your kitchen.

then use this command

tree /f /a >Directory.txt

then could you post it here or pm it to me, so I can examine it?

Guest xlightwaverx
yah, package creator 5.5

messin with syakr10_rc1

but here's my question:

mscoree.dll

netcfmail3_5.dll

netcfd3dm3_5.dll

mscoree3_5.dll

SetupDLL.dll

netcfagl3_5.dll

Hmm...

Thanks,

X

anyone know an answer to this?

Guest Ninja4Hire
anyone know an answer to this?

Because in the NetCF folder in your SYS folder, most of the .net files are specifically for that version of .net (ie. "GAC_CustomMarshalers_v3_5_0_0_cneutral_1").

Guest xlightwaverx
Because in the NetCF folder in your SYS folder, most of the .net files are specifically for that version of .net (ie. "GAC_CustomMarshalers_v3_5_0_0_cneutral_1").

Ok, i just didn't think .net 3.5 came with Stock, that's all. If it does, thats my bad.

I just remember people throwing it in their roms like it was a rarity or something.

X

Guest xlightwaverx

Ok, i just didn't think .net 3.5 came with Stock, that's all. If it does, thats my bad.

I just remember people throwing it in their roms like it was a rarity or something.

X

Guest WinJo69
could you do me a favor...

open a command prompt, navigate to the root of your kitchen.

then use this command

tree /f /a >Directory.txt

then could you post it here or pm it to me, so I can examine it?

Here it is attached - hope it helps figure out why this don't work for me...

Thanks in advance!

Directory.txt

Guest amdzero
Here it is attached - hope it helps figure out why this don't work for me...

Thanks in advance!

well your folder setup, and your files are in the right place.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

I'm using Windows 7 and it works great. does this message come up before the program finishes building or are you not even getting the BUildOS window?

Guest WinJo69
well your folder setup, and your files are in the right place.

I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

I'm using Windows 7 and it works great. does this message come up before the program finishes building or are you not even getting the BUildOS window?

I am not even getting the Build OS window.

(Very Frustrating) - This is why I hesitate to get started with this stuff - as it will become all consuming. I am gonna try on another PC later tonight.

Guest xlightwaverx

Sounds like you have a virus.

I am not even getting the Build OS window.

(Very Frustrating) - This is why I hesitate to get started with this stuff - as it will become all consuming. I am gonna try on another PC later tonight.

Guest WinJo69
Sounds like you have a virus.

OK. Its not a virus and its not my PC, (Maybe its just me?)

I tried it now on 3 different PC's and I did a separate download each time. All having the same result? What's up with this?

I will blast my PC and Reload the OS tonight if I thought it would make this work, but I don't think that will solve anything beyond burning up a Friday night

Guest amdzero
OK. Its not a virus and its not my PC, (Maybe its just me?)

I tried it now on 3 different PC's and I did a separate download each time. All having the same result? What's up with this?

I will blast my PC and Reload the OS tonight if I thought it would make this work, but I don't think that will solve anything beyond burning up a Friday night

can you send me a screen shot of what is going on? I cannot believe this is happening on 3 separate PCs. Maybe I left something out of my guide?

If it doesn't work I'll send you a newer kitchen.

Guest xlightwaverx
can you send me a screen shot of what is going on? I cannot believe this is happening on 3 separate PCs. Maybe I left something out of my guide?

If it doesn't work I'll send you a newer kitchen.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the newest kitchen (with stock obviously :) )

X