anybody having GPS reception problems with desire ROM?

Guest ksc6000

Guest ksc6000

Hi all, just loaded this ROM yesterday for the first time. I love it. flash in the browser and much battery life than I wad getting on cyanogen's ROM.

But one thing that really upset me was not getting any GPS signal today when I opened Google maps. I was just driving home from work, which is a 30 minute drive and I know its an area of very strong signal. Throughout the entire drive it was not able to lock on to GPS and I tried multiple times to start and stop the GPS and and force closed Google maps and tried everything. I then booted into recovery and wiped and used nandroid restore to restore it to my cyanogen backup image. GPS locked on within a few seconds. Now that I'm back on my cyanogen ROM and the battery is draining much quicker than it should, I miss the desire ROM already. I'm still hoping it was a fluke. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I just did something wrong.

Guest DonalCasey

Have the same issue with all GPS on the A21 Desire ROM.

The answer that I've found is:

1. Before you turn on the GPS, change to Airplane mode

2. Start the GPS

3. Start your nav app and let it get a signal

4. Turn off Airplane mode

That works for me every time and is not such a hassle as we are using the beautiful Desire ROM - good work Paul, and welcome back.

Guest charronegro1971

I'm having the same problem. I have the CyanogenMod Rom on my Nexus One but I just luv the Modaco Desire Rom so much better. When I turn on the GPS, it shows my current location a good 2 miles away from where I actually am and when I'm driving all I get is "Searching for GPS". You beat me to the punch because I was gonna ask Paul if there was a workaround to this problem. At least I'm not the only one experiencing this. Unlike yourself, I try to use the CyanogenMod Rom but I always reflash back to the Desire Rom. Whatever the case, I hope Paul works his magic and updates this.

By the way, Paul....you kick ass, brotha!!!! Thank you for making my Nexus One awesome!

Guest charronegro1971
Have the same issue with all GPS on the A21 Desire ROM.

The answer that I've found is:

1. Before you turn on the GPS, change to Airplane mode

2. Start the GPS

3. Start your nav app and let it get a signal

4. Turn off Airplane mode

That works for me every time and is not such a hassle as we are using the beautiful Desire ROM - good work Paul, and welcome back.

I used your method and it worked. It would be nice if the GPS would just lock without having to go thru the hassels but I'll definitely take it. Thanks for the tip!

Guest ksc6000

DonalCasey, I tried it and it works. Thanks!! I can now use this rom consistently.

houstonblaney1, your link just goes to android.modaco.com... :S