RA's recovery.. What Am I doing wrong?

Guest justajason

Guest justajason

Ive manages to get root access and SU permissions. Ive used titanium backup to give me a good version of busybox.

I just cant figure out how the heck to flash the new recovery..

It was pretty easy coming from my Hero. I made a gold card, applied the recovery as an update.zip and I was done.

This is getting to me, Ive tried for a few days and its still not working...Anyone got a "noob" set of instructions?

Guest justajason
Ive manages to get root access and SU permissions. Ive used titanium backup to give me a good version of busybox.

I just cant figure out how the heck to flash the new recovery..

It was pretty easy coming from my Hero. I made a gold card, applied the recovery as an update.zip and I was done.

This is getting to me, Ive tried for a few days and its still not working...Anyone got a "noob" set of instructions?

ok ive ried launching the adb shell and its saying that the device isnt connected..

Guest ksc6000

ok ive ried launching the adb shell and its saying that the device isnt connected..

[/quote

Hey I had a real hard time getting the computer to recognize the nexus. I had to download and re-download the USB drivers for the SDK before it worked. Try that. Also I recommend looking at the instructions on nexusoneforum.net. for rooting. They were the most helpful and straightforward instructions I've seen on rooting and flashing.

Guest justajason

ok, ive tired fastboot, and the response from the console, is:

c:\fastboot> fastboot

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I do have fastboot extracted to the directory Ive used to CD into.

I am not getting it. ITs giving me a dad blame headache.

Edited by justajason

Guest justajason

ok, im ready to toss it out the window.

I tried using the kitchen to cook a stock rom, with what I need. And its saying that the update.zip isnt signed and it aorted the install. Im trying to use the stock bootloader to get what I need. And im just stuck..