JD6(PDA) JD9(CSC), April '10 latest English ROM

Guest NewForce

Guest spectral77

how to set it to eng? tried your csc file, selected english(uk) and xeejd9 and xeujd9 but the system still turned out to be chinese

Guest Ender Psp
how to set it to eng? tried your csc file, selected english(uk) and xeejd9 and xeujd9 but the system still turned out to be chinese

You flashed only the CSC? What PDA do you have/had?

Edited by Ender Psp

Guest Terry666

I tried it, is fast, nice and stable, but not my liking in RAM and ROM... :huh:

Looks and feels like JD4 that's why I'm going back to Gary's Lite-JD4... :P

Thank you "NewForce" for the U/L

Guest AndrewTan
Because people like me they DON'T like the ^&$% 6.5.x with the *&$%$%% buttons in the *&^%*&^ bottom :huh: :P :blink: :o :D B) THAT'S why... B)

But they is still lot people loving that bottom big icon. WM 6.5.x is the best WM ever do, it rock!

If Samsung not going to release any more WM 6.5.x then I will stick to JD3 forever until I sold the phone.

Guest skoda60
OK it's WM 6.5.0 but what build number please ?! :huh:

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

Thank newforce for uploaded this ROM.

CE OS 5.2.21895(Build 21895.5.0.90)

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60

I also like gary ROM. but even with so many program memory, I still facing problem on some program had been corrupted eg the bottom menu not responding etc and you need to done a reset. These phenomenace was the same as lite version or full version. It was windows bugs. And the windows OS was so week, it may corrupted any time, some time activesyn could'nt syned, and sometime display cannot off during music listening. So I always have a good working backup set. if anything go wrong. I just restored and everthing was back to normal.

Guest Laruku Jr.
But they is still lot people loving that bottom big icon. WM 6.5.x is the best WM ever do, it rock!

If Samsung not going to release any more WM 6.5.x then I will stick to JD3 forever until I sold the phone.

I agree with AndrewTan. WM 6.5.X is the best however it's just my opinion. Maybe, the reason, that Samsung get back to WM 6.5, is 6.5.x has some UI problems with existing apps.

Guest thegunners

not just the bottom bar, but also for some menu that it's already finger touch friendly... :huh:

please bring back the 6.5.3 !!

Edited by thegunners

Guest skoda60
I agree with AndrewTan. WM 6.5.X is the best however it's just my opinion. Maybe, the reason, that Samsung get back to WM 6.5, is 6.5.x has some UI problems with existing apps.

I totally agree with you. Without ok/close hardware buttom then a lot of programs will not worked. I hate this other then that wm6.5x was ok with me.

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60

I tried with jd3 and jd1 eBoot but still can't get the extra 5mb of program memory. Any one can advice me on which eBoot can get this extra 5mb. Thank!

Guest manosandrea

+1

Guest NewForce
I got a bad scare.... i got a checksum failure during the pda part. Lucky it was not the eboot.. if not i would have gone crazy... Now my phone is showing the phone connecting to the pc sign... I will try to redownload the whole file again. PHEW....

Ahhh goodddyyyy thanks NewForce :blink::) i like the rom haha, overall everything is smooth.

You're welcome to both of you.

Guest NewForce
I have tried to choose the I8000ITVJD9,csc and I get this:

[CSC] ----------------- Information of selected CSC ------------------

[CSC] Verision:[ÿÿÿÿ

ÿÿÿÿ0si]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x0:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x1:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x2:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x3:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x4:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x5:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x6:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x7:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x8:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0x9:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0xa:[0816]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0xb:[0416]

[CSC] SupportLanguage 0xc:[0816]

[CSC] SalesCode:[ÿÿ0si]

[CSC] Priority:[0x10]

when I try to download it breaks in the download process

any help ?

Strange, I get normal screen when selected ITV.

[CSC] ----------------- Information of selected CSC ------------------

[CSC] Verision:[i8000ITVJD9]

[CSC] SupportLanguage : N/A

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x0:[0409]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x1:[040C]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x2:[0410]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x3:[0407]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x4:[0419]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x5:[0414]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x6:[0413]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x7:[0405]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x8:[0408]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0x9:[0C0A]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0xa:[0816]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0xb:[040B]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0xc:[0406]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0xd:[0415]

[CSC] ImageOptionalLanglist 0xe:[041D]

[CSC] SalesCode:[iTV]

[CSC] Priority:[0x1]

What OS are your desktop/Laptop running?

Does restarting the PC helps?

Guest NewForce
i like the 6.5.x better, because of the big buttons in the bottom

it's a personal choice if you like 6.5 or 6.5.x

For me, I love more than I hate WM6.5.3 new bigger bottom taskbar buttons.

Unlike WM6.5, WM6.5.3 OK/X button are much bigger and it was right at the bottom of the screen so I could reach them with my thumb more easily.

One thing though, WM6.5.3 consume more battery power than WM6.5.

With my personal usage, WM6.5 lasted about 4~5days, with WM6.5.3 only lasted 3~4days. That's about 1 day different.

But think I could live with that as the advantages of WM6.5.3 is more than what it trade-off.

Edited by NewForce

Guest skoda60

The lock screen program crashed with voicebook2 program, I can't unlocked the screen. If not running the voicebook2 and it was working fine. So I flashed back to JD3 wm6.5.3.

Guest johnchua55
RAM 81.79MB / 176,13 MB

is this correct ? 81.79mB used of total 176mB ram ? that's a lot of ram ....... most ROMs only have 145 to 160mB total ram

Edited by johnchua55

Guest Terry666
for A GPS under samsung settings, does this rom have the XTRA settings? or A-GPS settings?

Like all the 6.5 I know this have the XTRA too.

Guest Terry666

Hey people :P DON'T PANIC!!!!! Samsung have 2 (TWO) threads one for the 6.5 and one for the 6.5.x till little later on...

I heard they will probably continue with the 6.5.x ONLY (Unfortunately :huh: :o ) after June - July.. :blink:

Edited by Terry666

Guest Laruku Jr.
Hey people :P DON'T PANIC!!!!! Samsung have 2 (TWO) threads one for the 6.5 and one for the 6.5.x till little later on...

I heard they will probably continue with the 6.5.x ONLY after June - July.. (Unfortunately :huh: :D ) :blink:

Good news indeed!! :o I like WM 6.5.x very much.