"this concludes the beta test of this release"

Guest cybergreen

Guest cybergreen

About an hour ago, my phone was in my pocket an i heard the txt msg notification go off. The above message was on the screen and now nothing works. I've soft reset a bunch of times, but it just displays that message. I read one mention of something similar on another device where the version of 6.5 expired. I'm running (or was) Lyorite 28014. Any thoughts?

Guest lazer9
About an hour ago, my phone was in my pocket an i heard the txt msg notification go off. The above message was on the screen and now nothing works. I've soft reset a bunch of times, but it just displays that message. I read one mention of something similar on another device where the version of 6.5 expired. I'm running (or was) Lyorite 28014. Any thoughts?

YES! URGENT HELP NEEDED ASAP! I've encountered the same thing via an older Lyorite build. No warning or nothing but a weird little chime at midnight - turn of the hour to May 1st, 2010 and WHAM...

"This concludes the beta test....."

All buttons at top X'd out can't get around that screen - hard reset = Same results and can't even connect via activesync OR the following:

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 (old way to flash custom roms)

SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3 (Original Verizon flash tool)

SCH-i910_User_upgrade_tool_v2.0.0.4 (Latest Verizon/Samsung official release?)

Nothing works since the beta has expired and the phone is apparently "Bricked" to that expiration screen! :huh: WTF

Guest gman34

turn off, hold down on volume, call and end, and power on. all together, it should put it in eboot mode so you can get it through umdl.

i think there is no way to back up if your device is locked up.

Guest lazer9
turn off, hold down on volume, call and end, and power on. all together, it should put it in eboot mode so you can get it through umdl.

i think there is no way to back up if your device is locked up.

Thanks, I did finally get it by hitting soft reset like 4 times in a row while in "Detect" mode in UDML and managed to get flashed then updated to the official. Everything is gone unfortunately but on a brighter note I did salvage my contacts, calendar, email, texts from my last backup on 4/13/10. :huh:

Guest Ocracoke3l1te

Yeah i cant seem to get into the eboot mode no matter what i try. I tried the volume+ end+call+power.

Edited by Ocracoke3l1te

Guest EBourlet

Same here I can't get to boot mode. This was the4 "Stock 6.5 " that was posted here . Any ideas how to get this fixed?

Guest EBourlet

How can I get a copy of the base rom so I can use the UMDL to reload a ROM that works. The verizon program uses Active Sync and with the phone in this mode it will not work. I can use UDML as I tried it with a different cooked ROM but it did not fix the expired message. Found it and used the UMDL phone now. Sorry if I had done a better job of reading the Sticky on ROMS I would have found it sooner. Thanks for the help

Edited by EBourlet