How many of you sent to Samsung Service Center?

Guest gman34

Guest gman34

I just sent mine in, it's still under warranty, everything works fine i just want a new digitizer and battery before the warranty is gone.

I want to know specifically how many of us of tried to send it to samsung?

How long did it take? i have been reading that some take 3 weeks! thats crazy talk.

And has anyone been able to score a new omnia? or an omnia II? they guy told me that if my device was unrepairable they would send me a new device of equal value, what does that mean?

I know most of us are on verizon but i'm actually on PPC so i had to go through samsung.

I searched and i posted under i910 so i don't get answers from the i900 guys who get their repair done internationally!

thanks!

Guest NilsE

I see you have not received a response and this may not be any help since I have never gone through the Samsung service center.

I have gone through both Motorola and LG and in both cases I received a replacement for my phone and not repairs to my existing phone. I have no idea what Samsung will do if they have no direct replacement for you but I am thinking since the II is still available there is the possibility that if no originals are available the II is what you may get.

Guest Sb.

I'm in Australia and I had to take my sister i8910 "icon" 3 times. she had the phone for 8 weeks and it was in repair for 6. They said that it has to go in 3 times and when it did the 3rd time they said she would get a replacement, then after 2 weeks when I went to pick it up they said that it has to fail on the 3rd repair to be replaced so really they should say 4 times. They said that its virtually all new inside and my sister didn't want to be phone-less any longer and had enough time arguing so she took it. This was through Virgin/Optus.

Edited by Sb.

Guest Sb.
Thanks for the responses,

life's so much different without a cell phone. hahaha.

So true, you don't realize how dependent we've become on technology until something breaks down. My friend just moved house and is waiting for his internet to be reconnected and he says its a terrible feeling not having it. Looks like we've all become inpatient from all this new technology, virtually everything is there when you want it.

Anyhow how did you go with your phone?

Guest ohrid

Verizon: if you have warranty two times in store replace third time goes to asurion and you getting refurbished + you pay 50$ takes 7 business days to get your phone

I just sent mine in, it's still under warranty, everything works fine i just want a new digitizer and battery before the warranty is gone.

I want to know specifically how many of us of tried to send it to samsung?

How long did it take? i have been reading that some take 3 weeks! thats crazy talk.

And has anyone been able to score a new omnia? or an omnia II? they guy told me that if my device was unrepairable they would send me a new device of equal value, what does that mean?

I know most of us are on verizon but i'm actually on PPC so i had to go through samsung.

I searched and i posted under i910 so i don't get answers from the i900 guys who get their repair done internationally!

thanks!

Guest gman34
Verizon: if you have warranty two times in store replace third time goes to asurion and you getting refurbished + you pay 50$ takes 7 business days to get your phone

actually i'm not on verizon, i am on page plus, but i sent the phone in through samsung by registering my product on their website and they sent me shipping label. now it is in the service center, they said 5 to 10 business days, plus return shipping of 5 days.