Help: Facebook contact being incorrectly linked with sms subscription service!

Guest Neondaze

Guest Neondaze

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the HTC Desire, and I must say it is a great phone. This is my second smartphone, the first being the Motorola MX200 back in 2003. A huge step up :huh::)

The reason for my post. I have encountered a small issue and can't see anything in the HTC manual to help resolve or any similar issue on the forum. If there is already a thread apologies.

I am using HTC Friendstream and HTC People. I have synced my contacts from google and added my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Everything has been working fine with all relevant contacts linking correctly. That is until yesterday. I currently receive texts from a sms subscription service. Yesterday I added a new facebook friend and now this facebook friend has been linked to the sms subscription service. I cannot find anyway to unlink them, or even know why they have been linked. It is annoying because now when I receive the subscription texts it appears as if they are from my facebook contact. Not what I want at all.

Anyone have any ideas how I can correct this?

I should point out that when I removed my friend from facebook, the sms subscription showed as I expected, but as soon as my friend was back on facebook the link was made again. As it is a sms subscription I have no contact details in People.

Guest Salieri

I think if the facebook contact has his contact details listed as: 'Ask Me', or 'Just Ask' it causes a problem with the sync. At least that's what I've heard on other Android forums, only solution is to unlink the facebook contact from the phone/google contact.

Guest Neondaze
I think if the facebook contact has his contact details listed as: 'Ask Me', or 'Just Ask' it causes a problem with the sync. At least that's what I've heard on other Android forums, only solution is to unlink the facebook contact from the phone/google contact.

That is interesting, and I did wonder if it may have been something to do with the facebook profile. I am waiting for a response from my facebook friend to see what his contact details are, as the are definately not a number. As for unlinking the facebook contact from the google contact - I would except the sms subscription has no contact details, I am therefore unable to unlink.

Guest afiorillo

Same issue here, have a FB fellow with "ask me" mobile number screwing up Google Calendar and Diners Club notifications.

Guest FenriZ

This seems to be a Sense-bug in Android 2.1 - I already encountered this error in leaked ROMs with 2.1 and sense on the Hero. On the Desire I have this bug now, too.