Modified B7610 JC2 Full ROM

Guest daskalos

Guest Cicis

Just checked the 3 minute video and i think the color bug is still there...

Anyways, I'm downloading the rom right now to see it up close. thanks!

Guest jappoman

Yes, the color bug is still there. When you play a video you can see them in the top and bottom black bar of the video (wich are no more black but dark green). You can also see that the camera colors are like 16bit rendered :huh: , not defined and the image is ... "more lightly" (very shining). Sorry for my english :P , i hope this can be useful to all :blink:

Guest Cicis

just flashed this rom awhile ago.. unfortunately, the color bug is still there. daskalos, may i ask which rom is faster? this or your hybrid? thanks!

Edited by Cicis

Guest cappuccina

hi, first of all, thanks for the tons of roms you produce for our community.

Tested your rom today and so far no big issues, I guess.

Its good to have more storage and ram is also fine, with the original i had the feeling that the ram always dropped down too much but this modified version of yours is stable at 70mb+ , right after soft reset i have even 90 mb.

I have question though, are the pop up windows which appear when you press the menu icon in the bottom right corner supposed to be so small? I hope you understand. Not in the samsung apps for they are as usual, but with windows programs or 3rd party apps like resco explorer.

I was so used to have 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 that I'm confused now, because i can't remember having that with my stock 6.5 rom. Is it normal to 6.5 or did you change anything? Sorry if this is a silly question. :huh:

Maybe someone can clear that up for me, cause its kind of annoying. I liked it more when it was bigger so also more finger friendly :P

Also i too have to say that the colour issue is still there unfortunately. :blink:

Once again thx for the rom!

Guest Raketak

Hi all.

I am new here (in the point of posting, reading few months already :P ).

First, BIG respect and thanx to all the modders. I gave it a try but end up always with somebodies cooked rom :blink:

I have one remark. What about to make semiLite ROMs? I like lite roms a lot, unfortunately, some apps cant be installed back correctly or it takes some time to tunning it. I didnt get Connected Home running from the repos CAB here on MoDaCo. I even made copy of files from my orig. ROM+registry export/import. MMS also takes time to work. Next java- I dont know if IBM emulator is better but Samsung java emulator is fine I think.

So can some of you guys (daskalos, secany, ..) make also ROM(s) where appls like this will be in? Maybe it will be nice thema, which apps to remove and make no problems to install from cabs and which to leave there.

Concerning Connected Home: DLNA is very important for me to have, cause MDA can be then used like remote. Sitting outside of house and listening music from home server or even sending music/pictures to receiver/TV remotelly :huh:

Guest Cicis

Daskalos, just saw your post on the other thread regarding the color bug.

DSC-0286.JPG?et=XIQgLhIL4Q3H3rAoA2kQAg&nmid=217125001

from the screenshot above, the color transition/blending from dark to light tones is not smooth. skin tone is not natural and very dull. this happens when the scene on the movie is not very well lit. also happens when trying to use the camera on a not very well lit location.

try playing a movie on your b7610 and PC at the same time and you'll see that the color should be much more vivid on our phone if not the same.

if you know someone who has a samsung jet, you can also try playing a movie on that phone and compare it to your's.

Guest Raketak
i like this rom but i like start menu at bottom and x at bottom

Hehe - 6.5.3 and 6.5.5 are for me also better, but there are just full and lite(really super LITE) ROMs.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Hey Daskalos,

I finally flashed my phone with official JC2 Eboot, Phone and MST file and everything was working perfectly. I didn't need to flash CSC, i found workaround for that. Now I am trying this ROM. However, with this rom, the issues are back again. First of all, one thing i noticed is that your ROM is setting wrong hardware id on the phone. This is the output of octans:

[PDA:0] BSP_OSVER:[i8000NXXJA5]

[PDA:0] BSP_HW_ID:[40]

I remember official ROMS put the OSVER as B7610xxxxxx and HW_ID as 70. PLease correct this.

Plus, the phone caller id grabled and theme not applying properly issue is also appearing with this rom only. On official rom, these problems are not there.

For now, I am back to official JC2 ROM. But I want to use this one as it provides better mem management. Please take a look at whats wrong.

Thanks a lot for all your help buddy. :P

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj