WIN Mobile expires after reset

Guest Harleyrk99

Guest Harleyrk99

Has anyone had the problem where there win mobile has expired? I have the OMNIA II running WinMobile 6.5, I have tried reflashing the ROM, I can not get my computer to see my phone or get my phone to boot up past the expired notification. When I turn the phone on it says it is booting windows, but then it goes to a screen that asks if I want to turn the phone on, I click yes, it then goes to a screen that says this concludes the beta test of this software release and won't let me go any further.

Edited by Harleyrk99

Guest drwakey

Yeah, i had this on my Omnia Pro.

See here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...-download-mode/

I think the only thing that helps is reflashing your phone, with a different winmo build (else it would be expired right after flashing), then it shouldnt expire again.

It have be turned off to be regocnized by octans, it switches automaticaly to download mode if ot gets detected by octans.

Thats the only advice i can give you.

Guest Harleyrk99
Yeah, i had this on my Omnia Pro.

See here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...-download-mode/

I think the only thing that helps is reflashing your phone, with a different winmo build (else it would be expired right after flashing), then it shouldnt expire again.

It have be turned off to be regocnized by octans, it switches automaticaly to download mode if ot gets detected by octans.

Thats the only advice i can give you.

I thank you very much for your advice, unfortunately I have tried and cannot flash to a new ROM, OCTANS will not detect my device.

Guest ErnstJanF
I thank you very much for your advice, unfortunately I have tried and cannot flash to a new ROM, OCTANS will not detect my device.

First of all, you should have posted this in the I8000 section of the forums.

I think you're not running Windows XP so you will have to set the correct drivers which you can find here on the forums.

Guest drwakey
First of all, you should have posted this in the I8000 section of the forums.

I think you're not running Windows XP so you will have to set the correct drivers which you can find here on the forums.

Gnah, ithink thats not important now, we should rather help the poor guy.

I was in the same situation, and know how desperate someone can feel.

@Harley: Use this guide, it also has the correct driver attached, it helped for me!

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...windows-7-only/

Edit: different as in this guide, i would use octans mini, its way easier to use.

And the guide also works for win7. But i havent tried it on 64bit.

Edited by drwakey