HTC Desire Call Waiting issues?

Guest RalphM

Guest RalphM

Guys,

I have a HTC Desire (Telstra Branded) phone that I bought for use in the USA on ATT's network using their 850mhz spectrum for 3G. All that seems to work just fine, however if I am on a call and another call comes in I don't get the traditional 'beep' indicating there is an incoming call. What I do get is some high pitch static that almost sounds like carrier static (last about 3-4 seconds), but if I look at my phone it shows the incoming call. Not knowing what kind of sound this phone should emit on an incoming call, I have no idea what may or may not be the problem.

If someone can let me know what the actual sound is for an incoming call (via call waiting), I would certainly appreciate it. I can't imagine what the issue could be as this is a pretty basic feature of any cell phone and nothing out of the ordinary regardless of it being an international phone. I am currently still using the stock ROM so I have not made any modifications (just yet).

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas on how to correct.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jcrompton
Guys,

I have a HTC Desire (Telstra Branded) phone that I bought for use in the USA on ATT's network using their 850mhz spectrum for 3G. All that seems to work just fine, however if I am on a call and another call comes in I don't get the traditional 'beep' indicating there is an incoming call. What I do get is some high pitch static that almost sounds like carrier static (last about 3-4 seconds), but if I look at my phone it shows the incoming call. Not knowing what kind of sound this phone should emit on an incoming call, I have no idea what may or may not be the problem.

If someone can let me know what the actual sound is for an incoming call (via call waiting), I would certainly appreciate it. I can't imagine what the issue could be as this is a pretty basic feature of any cell phone and nothing out of the ordinary regardless of it being an international phone. I am currently still using the stock ROM so I have not made any modifications (just yet).

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas on how to correct.

I am having same issue - I have tried three diferent ROMs and 2 differnt radios - that makes no difference .. in the high pitched noise that can be missed easily

Please re post if you find a solution.

Guest lanxton
I am having same issue - I have tried three diferent ROMs and 2 differnt radios - that makes no difference .. in the high pitched noise that can be missed easily

Please re post if you find a solution.

I don't think the problem is with the ROM. It is more likely a problem with using an older generation SIM card.