Nexus One UK Vodafone ROM and Radio

Guest shadwell_lad

Guest shadwell_lad

I have a Nexus One bought in the US, running on Vodafone here. I've had it running on both Modaco ROM and the Modaco Desire ROM but am getting terrible reception in places where my Hero worked fine on the same network.

Does anyone have a Vodafone version and does it have different ROM or radio

Edited by shadwell_lad

Guest Shuflie
I have a Nexus One bought in the US, running on Vodafone here. I've had it running on both Modaco ROM and the Modaco Desire ROM but am getting terrible reception in places where my Hero worked fine on the same network.

Does anyone have a Vodafone version and does it have different ROM or radio

Vodafone hasn't released their Nexus One yet, but I doubt if it will be any better reception than what's available already.

Guest shadwell_lad
Vodafone hasn't released their Nexus One yet, but I doubt if it will be any better reception than what's available already.

This has been released in the UK now. See vodafone.co.uk/nexusone

I'm interested if there is a new radio that may be more UK specific

Guest ratcom

no new radio guys

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Now for the life of me I cannot remember the ERD version .... (dont worry I made a backup) I think it was 21B

Guest theloginwithnoname
no new radio guys

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

FYI, the new HTC Desires being shipped from vodafone UK have radio 4.05.

<off-topic>Perhaps more interestingly, it seems that the Desire indeed does have a 2nd mic ("background mic") - at least, it has the mesh next to the camera when you take the battery cover off...</off-topic>

Guest Shuflie

<off-topic>Perhaps more interestingly, it seems that the Desire indeed does have a 2nd mic ("background mic") - at least, it has the mesh next to the camera when you take the battery cover off...</off-topic>

Does sound come out of the mesh by any chance? The second mic on the Nexus one doesn't have mesh behind the mic hole just another tiny little hole. It does have the mesh beside the camera though, but that's the speaker.

Guest carl0s

The noise cancelling mic is a pain in the arse on my N1. If I squash the phone against my shoulder, like when I need to use my hands for something, well, nobody can hear me.

Big flaw if you ask me. Maybe it's just a problem with running the Modaco custom Sense ROM. ?

Guest theloginwithnoname
Does sound come out of the mesh by any chance? The second mic on the Nexus one doesn't have mesh behind the mic hole just another tiny little hole. It does have the mesh beside the camera though, but that's the speaker.

Blimey, you're right! My bad, I jumped to totally the wrong conclusion. I'd not noticed the hole in the back of the case for the 2nd mic, it was so small! :P

Guest theloginwithnoname

<off-topic />

Remaining off-topic for a smidgen longer (then I'll find a more-appropriate place on the forum!)... there's actually quite a bit different between the Desire and the N1 - such as it has FM Radio enabled and available from the apps drawer, and the wireless connection has been working all day (on the same router that my N1 uses, and which gave up within 20 mins of connecting). Thought: could the wifi issue(s) be fixed in the new radio?

I will try and grapple the Desire off it's new owner and do a side-by-side comparison (somewhere else on the forum) if anyone is interested?