Can't Connect on 3G

Guest AndyCr15

Guest AndyCr15

My Desire just can't connect to 3G. Also, if I go into settings, there used to be an option to force 2G, that bit isn't there, all I have is the option to use GSM or WCMDA or something.

Doing speed tests, it never gets quicker than 43kbps :huh:

Thinking back, when I rooted it, I did the new radio update and it network locked my phone. I then flashed back a radio that someone posted, but I guess it must be related to that.

How can I put the original radio back on to get 3G back?

If it matters, I'm on Orange in the UK.

Thanks.

Guest Kehaan

Hey

I can't answer your question but in the guide there is also written:

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 Radio update (from Asia 1.19.707.6 update) - DOWNLOAD / MIRROR DO NOT USE ON ORANGE

So it looks like the problem is there because of the radio update.

I hope someone knows how to fix it :huh:

From kehaan

Guest AndyCr15

How about, I flash the latest radio but then get an unlock code for the phone, to get round the network lock problem?

Guest ZiCoN

If you have run market enabler, try rebooting and then try, without market enabler.

I found out, that if you run market enabler and change from 3g to gsm or vice versa it can't figure it out.

I have downloaded the latest version of market enabler (3.0.8), save current setting (provider) run the enabler, do what you gotta do, and restore settings, you can change as you wish.

Guest AndyCr15
I found out, that if you run market enabler and change from 3g to gsm or vice versa it can't figure it out.

Hmm, how do I get Market enabler to make my phone use 3G? The point I'm saying is, I don't think the radio I have installed now will allow this hardware to use 3G, so I need to get back to a proper Desire radio, but the 'upgrade' doesn't allow Orange users to use it, it shows 'Network locked' or something similar and you can't do anything at all with the phone! :P

Guest ZiCoN
Hmm, how do I get Market enabler to make my phone use 3G? The point I'm saying is, I don't think the radio I have installed now will allow this hardware to use 3G, so I need to get back to a proper Desire radio, but the 'upgrade' doesn't allow Orange users to use it, it shows 'Network locked' or something similar and you can't do anything at all with the phone! :P

doh!! In the first post of Pauls rooting guide, it says; don't use with orange to the radio update :D

Guest lnoormohamed
My Desire just can't connect to 3G. Also, if I go into settings, there used to be an option to force 2G, that bit isn't there, all I have is the option to use GSM or WCMDA or something.

Doing speed tests, it never gets quicker than 43kbps :P

Thinking back, when I rooted it, I did the new radio update and it network locked my phone. I then flashed back a radio that someone posted, but I guess it must be related to that.

How can I put the original radio back on to get 3G back?

If it matters, I'm on Orange in the UK.

Thanks.

i would reccomend that you re root your phone or re flash your device using gold card. are you running generic rom? did u use modacos rooting guide? because i'm on orange and it works fine getting hsdpa sometimes

but prior to rooting and flashing i had problems with the service from orange and they said that the mask was degraded and the engineeers are working on it. btw this is around eastbourne so if you live round there its pretty sketchy.

actually use this first

btw if your still having problems with it you could try flashing your device via gold card using this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=649166

then i used modacos rooting guide it works fine for me..

hope this helps.

Edited by lnoormohamed

Guest AndyCr15

Thanks guys. I Tweet'd Paul and he advised I just reflash step1 again, which did the trick :P

doh!! In the first post of Pauls rooting guide, it says; don't use with orange to the radio update :D

Yeah, I know. I was one of the people that helped find this out... the hard way...

Guest ZiCoN
Thanks guys. I Tweet'd Paul and he advised I just reflash step1 again, which did the trick :P

Yeah, I know. I was one of the people that helped find this out... the hard way...

Sucks hard! :D

Is the stock rom available anywhere? AFK the radio is in the stock rom, and then root from there... Just a thought..