Widget

Guest xplod420

Guest xplod420

Desire ROM has a widget that looks like a sidebar with phone numbers. Is there a similar widget on the market such as that one? I am using a different ROM but i find that widget very useful.

Guest hah2110
Desire ROM has a widget that looks like a sidebar with phone numbers. Is there a similar widget on the market such as that one? I am using a different ROM but i find that widget very useful.

I know what you are talking about. You can do a full screen or one column. You can long press and add shortcuts to direct dial, direct message, or contact info on a person (e.g., direct dial would allow you to pick one of someone's numbers to call by touching the shortcut). Personally, I like this better because I can add the shortcuts to anywhere I want.

I have not yet seen such a widget in the market, I've seen a few similar ones but they look cheesier or support only 1 contact or whatnot. I don'T remember the names at the moment.

Guest bobmaniac

http://101bestandroidapps.com/app/UltimateFavesPRO/556/

it's a carousel style...but u can put up to 16 shortcuts or contacts...on each widget, ya can do multiple ones....pretty nice...only difference is that it's horizontal vs the vertical ones on the desire

err my bad...just tried it and it's not a widget...but an app that pops up the carousels...sorry...i'll keep looking cuz i want the same widget without using desire as well.... :P

Edited by bobmaniac

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Da Baron

PandaHero Launcher in the market has a similar/identical looking widget. It's called Contact widget for PandaHero Launcher. The launcher also has a bookmarks and settings widget respectively. You will run into an issue w/the contacts widget if you do not apply a default number to a particular contact you want to apply to the widget. Go into your Contacts App,find a contact,touch their info,when the window opens up that shows all of their info,long-press a phone number til a popup window shows,select apply as default number. If you do not follow these steps the contacts will apply to the widget but if you try to make a call to them your phone will dial "6855". I played w/the widget for days til I discovered this activation method.

Hope this helps?

~

Da Baron