08/Nov 2.29.405.2 - HTC Desire Stock ROM Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Subject Delta
1. Launcher 2 is included in the MCR kitchen.

2. I don't know if this will be possible, but it's not hugely likely.

P

Ok, thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mctrials23

Same issue here, baked a nice lightweight rom but it just keeps rebooting after the quietly brilliant bit. Any ideas? Had it working fine with the r5 and also with a custom cooked rom(included sense ui). It seems to be running into issues without the sense ui as the errors that come up after the first restart (after you have been through the first time setup steps) related to the sense ui. Also the unlock screen is in the sense ui style rather than the default android one.

The screen is black apart from the top bar. When I restart it after that initial setup run it just reboots at the quietly brilliant screen.

hboot 0.75 btw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jimmymagix

Could someone please help me out.

I'm trying to revert to a stock rom after finding the r3.1 doesn't let me install Google Earth.

Tried two different custom bakes. Flashed both with and without wiping data, cache and dalvik. Both times it has got stuck at the white HTC screen (not the bootup ani).

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by jimmymagix

Guest audio2u

Hi one and all,

I've got an unbranded Desire, which I have rooted using Paul's 'riskfree' method, and have Paul's 'fake flash' zip file on my SD card.

However, I'm currently running Villain's DeVillain 1.0 ROM.

Trouble is, I'm having issues with it.

And no, I'm not here to ask you guys what's wrong with it. That would be silly, wouldn't it?

No, I signed up for a year's ad-free so I could bake my own, based on Paul's kitchen.

So, I got the zip file downloaded and copied it to my SD card.

I rebooted in recovery mode.

Ran update.zip to load Paul's fake flash, which gives you the option to install ANY zip file from your SD card (not just one called update.zip).

Pointed it at my newly baked Modaco ROM and told it to do its thing.

It appeared to all go well, until I rebooted.

That's when it got as far as the HTC splash screen (PRIOR to the 'quietly brilliant' animation), and just stopped dead in its tracks.

I gave it a good 8-10 minutes, and in the end decided it wasn't going to progress any further.

Thankfully, I still had the DeVillain ROM on my SD card as well, so I was able to flash straight back to that (it'll do for now, I guess), but I'd really like to be able to install Paul's version.

Anyone got any ideas on why it might have stopped at the reboot?

Or did I just not give it enough time?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by audio2u

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Strange battery drain going on with this rom.

For those of you who are using it, could you go into the testing menu (phone -> *#*#4636#*#* ) and check the value under 'running' in the battery history menu?

Mine has been consistently over 90%. There's nothing odd under partial wake usage so I can't figure it out.

I've switched off background sync and the value has been steadily dropping over the last hour or so, but I have no idea what app is causing it. Don't have many apps installed other than the stock ones (I've only got Twitter (HTC), Google, News, and the weather app set up to sync automatically).

update: seems like it's the wifi keeping the phone awake. Anybody else experiencing this? Any way to fix it?

Edited by tuatha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No, this doesn't, the MCR release of it (soon) will though.

P

More than a month for "soon" :) Any problem with this release version, or for the moment others devices have more priority?

More than a month for "soon" :) Any problem with this release version, or for the moment others devices have more priority?

perhaps other devices, but we have fresh news on twitter I think

Greetings Shawe :)