Memory dropping in spite having a working apps2sd

Guest Heppieboeddah

Guest Heppieboeddah

Noticed that the amount of internal memory was dropping down in spite of apps2sd is working as it should. It went down from about 121MB to 69MB without really installing some big applications. I know data is to be stored on the internal memory as well so i installed 2 applications. Move Cache for Root Users. This will move some cache-database to the sd-card. And, Cachecleaner This will clean youre cache. After running the two applications the internal memory went up to a 115MB again. Seems to me that running out of memory stays a problem and can only be solved by clearing the cache regular........

Guest erriko

Same issue here. I tried some custom ROM with A2SD built in and nothing changed. I've gone back to the base root ROM (that made by Paul) and installed A2SD as explained in the forum. Everything works great (verified with adb) but the internal storage continues to decrease. I hope we'll solve soon because I go out of memory very often :P

Guest nilezon

All application data (that is: /data/data/* ) is still stored on the phone.

Depending on which a2sd version you're using dalvik cache ( /data/dalvik-cache/ ) might be stored on the phone memory as well.

Guest Heppieboeddah
All application data (that is: /data/data/* ) is still stored on the phone.

Depending on which a2sd version you're using dalvik cache ( /data/dalvik-cache/ ) might be stored on the phone memory as well.

Well in my case i am sure the dalvik cache is stored on the sd-card in the ext3 partition. I checked that under linux, exploring the ext3 partition.. :P

So phone memory will be decreasing due to the fact that most/all of the application data is to be stored in the data/data/* on the phone.

Shouldt be great if the data/data/*, couldt be stored on the sdcard as well. Is that possible?

Anyway clearing the cache regular with the two apps i mentioned works fine.

Guest warrie

as far as i know its possible to move data/data to SD-Card ext2/3 but you will get many errors and the phone isnt running really well. Didnt remember who and where i read this but some1 already tested this. So actually no chance.

Guest nekromantik
as far as i know its possible to move data/data to SD-Card ext2/3 but you will get many errors and the phone isnt running really well. Didnt remember who and where i read this but some1 already tested this. So actually no chance.

Yes thats true.

Someone on XDA tried that and he said he had alot of errors and slowdowns so its not worth it.

Lets hope the native apps on SD in 2.2 will fix this issue.

Guest Elemetrix

I currently have around 100 apps installed. Some big some small. But my current space on the phone is at 69MB which is reasonable as any more apps and it would start getting silly :-P