Key to resume B7610

Guest dgacorp

Guest dgacorp

I buyed this phone recently. I had a Samsung Omnia i900. In this phone, when in stand-by, if i want to resume the cell, I simply tap on the black pad. Now I must open the keyboard, I tried all other hardware keys without success (display doesn't switch on!). Opening the keyboard, the cell resumes, but the screen rotates; I have S2U2, so I must unlock the phone sliding a rotated switch...

There is another way or a key setting that I can use to have a simplier way to resume the phone?

Sorry for my terrible english, i'm italian... :P Can some of you help me? Thanks!!!

Guest dgacorp
You can press and hold the Lock button, that will unlock the device.

I remember that I tried also this button, well trying as you say, the device turns on. Thanks!!!

Can you help with another problem? In this model there are different rotation options. And seems that rotation service is disabled by default, I obtain screen rotation only when I open the keyboard. Can I set an hardware button to launch rotation? Can I set like in Omnia, "manual" or "automatic"???

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Actually since omnia has a rotation sensor, the rotation settings has been removed. Some samsung apps behave abnormally if you do the rotation via Windows Mobile default settings system. Rotation mostly makes sense in browser and photo album and these are the places where rotation sensor works. There are application available that allow you to use the sensor with applications of your choice, so that is also an option. Nonetheless, You can enable the normal Windows Mobile rotation settings. For that, you need to need to change some registry settings first. I would recommend you to download Schaps Advance Configuration Tool from here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/274917507/Adva...n_Tool_v3.3.cab

This will allow you to safely change these options.

Install the cab on phone (you will need to have .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed before this, you can get this from Microsoft.com for free, just use search there), and start the tool. Expand the Screen branch and set the following options :

1. Show Orientation Settings : Yes

2. Landscape Mode : 270 degrees

3. Landscape Fixed : No

After this, tap done. It will ask you to restart, but i think these settings will work even without restarting. You figure out that yourself :P

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest Alek_J
I would recommend you to download Schaps Advance Configuration Tool from here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/274917507/Adva...n_Tool_v3.3.cab

This will allow you to safely change these options.

Install the cab on phone (you will need to have .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed before this, you can get this from Microsoft.com for free, just use search there), and start the tool.

It seems to be installed but it does not work. I tap the icon and nothing opens.

Guest dgacorp
It seems to be installed but it does not work. I tap the icon and nothing opens.

It does not work. I installed the application, setted parameters as described, but nothing changes. I'm searching around forums to resolve in other ways...

Guest dgacorp

Resolved partially. Can resume with lock button on the right side of the phone, or all other hardware buttons if in options is setted so. BUT this doesn't resolve the problem in some cases: the cell seems crashed or hangs because nothing happens if you press any key, or open the keyboard. I must switch off the phone removing the battery. Very very bad... :P

Guest santoo
BUT this doesn't resolve the problem in some cases: the cell seems crashed or hangs because nothing happens if you press any key,

are you sure you are not suffering from the sleeping beauty/black beauty bug? just search these terms in this board.

if i remember correctly, this happened (only?) on wm 6.1 roms when samsung sdk 2.1 pro was installed...

hope that helps!

Guest dgacorp
are you sure you are not suffering from the sleeping beauty/black beauty bug? just search these terms in this board.

if i remember correctly, this happened (only?) on wm 6.1 roms when samsung sdk 2.1 pro was installed...

hope that helps!

Well, I installed samsung sdk, as required by some applications, but I unistalled it now. And bug I described occurs suddenly on my WM 6.5.3 ROM Daskalos, but also into the original Samsung Italian ROM 6.5.