Remove stock apps ? How to ?

Guest Emmepi

Guest Emmepi

Hi !

Can somebody write us the procedure to remove stock apps (FaceBook, Quickoffice, Stock... for example) ?

And with a listing to be sure that we can remove useless apps safely, it'll be perfect ! :P

Thx !

Guest RalphM
Hi !

Can somebody write us the procedure to remove stock apps (FaceBook, Quickoffice, Stock... for example) ?

And with a listing to be sure that we can remove useless apps safely, it'll be perfect ! :P

Thx !

I second that! That would be great!

Guest Emmepi

I now think it's impossible to remove apps, according to the pinned root topic :

The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on

* enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

So impossible for the moment to write/erase useless things...

Gonna sign tomorrow for kitchen...

Guest kiokoman
I now think it's impossible to remove apps, according to the pinned root topic :

The root process will NOT...

* enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image that can be launched easily by just holding down the volume down button when powering on

* enable you to have write access to the /system partition in normal use of the device

So impossible for the moment to write/erase useless things...

Gonna sign tomorrow for kitchen...

what why not? you can remove apps that you do not want with a custom image. i have myself removed stock twitter flickr and all that s*** out of my phone.

Guest nilezon

It's possible to remove apps.

Boot into recovery mode, mount /system, and remove the apk inside /system/app and the associated data in /data/data

Guest Mklass
It's possible to remove apps.

Boot into recovery mode, mount /system, and remove the apk inside /system/app and the associated data in /data/data

There are always 2 folders inside any rom 'META-INF' and 'system'. You need to go in to the 'system' folder and then look for the 'app' folder. This is where all the apps are kept. You can simply delete the ones you don't want, however I'm not sure of hat apps are safe to remove. After you have deleted the apps you will then need to re-sign the rom so that that phone accepts it upon flashing.

You can do this with the attached file.

For signing rename the rom file to Update.zip and place inside the folder that was extracted from the Auto-sign.zip folder then hit the sign.bat file and you should be presented with a dos prompt. follow on screen instructions and that should be that :P

Auto_sign.rar

Edited by Mklass

Guest Emmepi

Could you write us a more complete procedure please ?

Starting for the beginning... You start with the "rootedupdate.zip" image ?

You unzip it and remove files inside ?

Thx... I'm really noob with android...

Guest charlie_boy
Could you write us a more complete procedure please ?

Starting for the beginning... You start with the "rootedupdate.zip" image ?

You unzip it and remove files inside ?

Thx... I'm really noob with android...

Just use the stock rom kitchen, pinned post on this forum1