adware on default browser.

Guest dreamdealer

Guest dreamdealer

not sure if this is common, but i noticed the other day (personally I didn't think it was possible), I had what seems to be adware on my desire browser, the same adware you can get on your defalut o/s browser ie firefox or internet explorer, where key words show up highlighted with 2 or 3 line lines below them, then a speech bubble shows up some sort of advertisement.

anyway if this is a common problem, is there a way to get rid of it, without having to turn off options in your desire browser.

Guest Elemetrix

That's just the way some websites choose to display adverts. They use a keyword system to give adverts based on the content of the page (I think ArsTechnica for one uses it)

Adware is software based.

Adware, or advertising-supported software, is any software package which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used. Some types of adware are also spyware and can be classified as privacy-invasive software.

Guest Kushan

You probably use adblock or something on your PC so you're not used to seeing those links, but they're all over the web. They're not installed on your browser, they're literally part of the website itself.