Change HTC boot animation to normal Nexus One animation.

Guest Chris L.

Guest Chris L.

Hello, new to the forums, and i've tried searching Google a bunch but I only found instructions for the motorola droid, and I don't know if those are the same for the nexus one.

I'm using the r21 mcr desire rom for nexus one.

I want to change the HTC quietly brilliant animation to the normal nexus one colored X animation.

Thanks in advance!

Use the kitchen, you can bake the N1 boot animation into the ROM!

Or learn how to change the boot animation, then find the N1 boot animation and do it yourself with adb or whatever...

Personnally 15$ was worth less than the hassle to learn it, so I got the ad-free subscription and used the kitchen (countless times)

Guest Chris L.

I would use the kitchen but I don't have a credit card i'm underage. Otherwise I would gladly pay the $10. Also everyone is saying the kitchen isn't working right now.

Guest stevenz
I would use the kitchen but I don't have a credit card i'm underage. Otherwise I would gladly pay the $10. Also everyone is saying the kitchen isn't working right now.

You just replace the /system/media/bootscreen.zip file with the Nexus one. Connect the phone to your PC and (assuming you've got the tools installed which you should have) use;

adb remount

adb push bootscreen.zip /system/media/bootscreen.zip

and reboot the phone.

I don't have the original one handy, only the Cyanogen version (basically the same but the X is blue instead of Google colours)

Guest Chris L.

Actually its supposed to be bootanimation.zip right?

EDIT: yup its bootanimation.zip and everything worked great and I found the right animation on droidboots.com in case anyone else wants to do it.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Chris L.