27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Emmepi
Same for me.

Downloaded a custom, Installation is aborting:

E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/dropbear

(No such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 357:

set_perm 0 0 04755 SYSTEM:xbin/dropbear

At the moment, is the rom still buggy or not ?

Paul, did you fix the bug ?

Will probably wait for a r2 release then...

Guest Mklass
At the moment, is the rom still buggy or not ?

Paul, did you fix the bug ?

Will probably wait for a r2 release then...

It would seem that the new Kitchen is causing some people issue. I would hold of creating any new roms until Paul has had chance to look at the Kitchen.

Guest gforums

ok these cooked roms are defintely corrupted somehow.

I now did a comple wipe, partioned the sd card so that no data should have been left.

However, no good start after a reboot.

So DON'T COOK ANY ROMS AT THE MOMENT...

until paul fixes the problem :-)

Guest gandalf027

Yup, flashed with a kitchen rom and the usb mount is gone :S

Even through the settings->conections to pc got a FC.

Guest Rogem

Just updated with the new rom. Initially Worked, but now the core stuff is crashing on startup.

## Edit ##

It looks like the phones internal memory is running out.

Edited by Rogem

Guest yabolek
@Paul

please mate, a sign...I need my device full working...tell me you're working on...

:D :P

Paul is out of office for the day, check his tweets.

Guest weedup

Hi, I´m new to this kind of stuff, but well i was wondering is it possible to put this costum rom based on the 1.21.xxxx in my htc desire that is 1.15.xxx?? if its not theres any way of changing the version? cuz i ve tried to put this rom and the desire just dont start well it turns on but dont pass from the first screen...

Thnks

Guest lowrider_05

First thanks Paul for the Kitchen, but after i flashed your ROM from the Kitchen it worked about 20 minutes the SD Card dissappeard from the desire and after a reeboot the USB on the Phone stopped completely to work and windows on 3 different PCs recognized it as 3 Qualcomm msd devices in the devicemanager. under Fastboot i was able to flash back to the stockrom withe the RUU update from you :P but it has the same failure as described above. i appreciate all help from you and the community if there´s a way to fix my problem.

THX lowrider_05

Guest Golgo

Yeah this bakery should really be shut down until the ingredients are reliable :P

Then again, if you're silly enough to flash it despite all the warnings here I guess you only have yourself to blame.

Guest Golgo
I flashed bevor the Kitchen bricked... yesterday afternoon in Germany...

I wasn't talking about you or anyone else in particular, just in general.

However, the problem you're describing sounds more like a hardware issue to me and hasn't been reported here before (I don't think).

Guest lowrider_05
I wasn't talking about you or anyone else in particular, just in general.

However, the problem you're describing sounds more like a hardware issue to me and hasn't been reported here before (I don't think).

i dont think so...

but before i boot my phone usb works correct... i can flash in fastboot menü and windows shows me the correct driver for my desire... when my phone boots into android i have no sdcard no usb connection (but its charging the battery)...

Guest Trapped

Hi to all! :P

I got my Orange HTC Desire couple of weeks ago and quickly debranded it after noticing they raped the stock ROM

Now that I'm constantly running low on memory because of apps I think it's time to root but I'm using windows 7 64bit. And after reading Paul's fantastic guide about rooting, he mentions having problems with using a 64bit system.

Is anyone else having problems?

Edit: Sorry wrote this is the wrong topic

Edited by Trapped

Guest gregDT

I fear nothing mwahahaha so I had a go at flashing a new kitchen ROM that I downloaded about 1pm this afternoon. Sadly while I can see Dropbear sitting happily in the zip it does indeed go very wonky after a reboot. Fortunately I have an early bake from yesterday which while it does not have A2SD does work like a dream in all other respects.

I can only re-comment on what's been said before. Stick to an older ROM until the kitchen version is working.

Guest gregDT

I have wifi working no problem. Wifi tethering is another issue though. I can see my Desire but my laptop will not connect to it. WEP enabled etc but no joy at all.

Guest roger999

I flashed the kitchen rom earlier with the same results, then flashed back to the standard custom rom with additions.

I'm an android newb unfortunately, how do i grab a logcat? So in future i can be more helpfull :P