27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest arielext

HTC IME (modified) FC all the time; but from that it works like a charm. If you get stuck in a bootloop and you have a swap partition on the SD set the size to 0 or remove it with gparted.

Guest Pyr0x64
I don't get that, mine backs up! You could do it via adb ('adb shell nandroid-mobile.sh b') and see what it says?

P

Thanks for replying Paul (great name btw :D )

I booted up linux.

put phone into recovery (with green menu)

then in linux typed:

'sudo ./adb-linux shell nandroid-mobile.sh -b' (needed the - before the :P

it says

nandroid-mobile v2.2.1

Using G1 keyboard, enter a prefix substring and then <CR>

or just <CR> to accept default:

*shrug*

I did boot the phone and check the SD with Droid explorer and it showed the nandroid folder with three image files inside

boot.img - 2.50MB

data.img - 57.90MB

system.img - 228.13MB

is this a complete backup?

Have to go to work now, will have to play some more later :P

-P

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest yazooo
Just a heads up that in light of issues some people have been having with A2SD, i've tested it as much as I can using a freshly partitioned microSD (4GB SD, 3.5GB FAT32 primary partition followed by EXT3 primary partition in remaining space, partitioned in GParted on Ubuntu).

As you can see, all seems to be working as intended...

P

Do I need to have my SD card formatted in this way before I start? Have just got a baked rom, got the r4-desire-root.zip amd will replace the rootedupdate.zip in the instructions with my baked rom. The 4gb hasn't been touched in any other way from stock, and have included A2SD in my ROM. Should that be ok?

Guest Frankish
Paul! Thanks for this :D Can you upload this rom, without Sense, with wifi t, and apps2sd? Just like 5.0.6 (1st of May). I don't like sense, but I'm not premium user to make online rom, and now I haven't got a chance to be premium user. Thanks for the answer :P

I'd like this without Sense too. :P

Guest Jeppfi
I'd like this without Sense too. :P

Just install the Launcher2 and remove Sense from standard in applications. Worked for me.

Guest afiorillo

Thank you Paul. :P

One thing only: what if I try to install the Dalvik-aware A2SD rather than the one you made available in the kitchen? Do you see disasters in doing that? :D

Guest nerdo

@Paul

Man... you never cease to amaze me :D

Noticed that Arabic fonts is taken off, I know it was causing problems!

Any update on that in foreseeable future :P a

Guest xedamen
Just install the Launcher2 and remove Sense from standard in applications. Worked for me.

Do you mean HelixLauncher 2?

Guest squrl
Mail installed to /system partition

* This option includes the Mail application and associated widget (but does not include the GMail application).

Is there any way to include Gmail? Maybe pull it from the phone and then include it as an "custom ingredient"?

Edited by squrl

Guest mrshark
Just one thought: it would be great to include a simple, free file manager, like Astro as an option to "bake".

estrongs is way better, for me... has smb, ftp browsing, big icons, more features...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.estrongs.android.pop

paul, to thank you for your work, i've just bought an adfree account... you rule!

please, can you tell us how to go, from now on? I mean, for now i've original rom, no root...

this weekend i'll root and install my mcr, with the pieces i want, and a2sd...

then, let's say you will release an r2 on monday: how do i install it without having to redo all my post-installing configuration?

ah, and how to have my complete titanium backup, as i'm now adfree? maybe it will help, right?

and at the end: can i apply my future mcr after root, or i've to first install your standard rooted one?

Edited by mrshark

Guest Scottland
Is there any way to include Gmail? Maybe pull it from the phone and then include it as an "custom ingredient"?

I think Paul was just trying to distinguish that this wasn't the Gmail client, which is included by default. So even if you don't select the (HTC) mail app, you'll still have Gmail.

Guest ritdaw

Would de-odexing the rom have taken up a lot more space? I booted my phone only to find an error that I had run out of space!

Guest squrl
I think Paul was just trying to distinguish that this wasn't the Gmail client, which is included by default. So even if you don't select the (HTC) mail app, you'll still have Gmail.

Meesa so dumb. Meesa thank you.

Guest munkimatt
HTC_IME or the patched one?

P

Sorry, the patched one. Re-baking without it now and will install separately. Normal HTC keyboard and Android keyboard work fine.

Guest ritdaw
Click and drag in Rosie zoomed-out view is nice eh? :P

P

Its awesome! How did you find that little feature?

Also as per others, I am also getting a force close on the HTC mod keyboard.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Just what I have been waiting to get my grubby little paws on!

I'ma gonna get me an ad free and bake me an MCR!

If I get back from dinner earlier enough I'll be rooting tonight!

Thanks Paul, looking forward to getting back to MCR...

Guest Paul

How odd... i'll look into the problem with the HTC Modified keyboard. Are you baking it with the old version or on it's own?

P