27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fatwolf

I hope i am not making a fool of myself asking a question already covered (I looked but couldn't find an answer)

I have been loading up lots of different and newer roms and well each time I have had to restore all my settings, apps, Scene config, application configs manually.

Is there a good convenient way to backup all of those things so when i change rom i can easily restore all these settings.

I want to use the r2 build now But i put R1 with a2sd on the device like 2 days ago and just got it all setup again the way I like it.

Since I got the phone I have spent more time loading roms and resetting configs then actually using the device.

Any suggestions of backup apps or a better rom update process then what i am using would be great.

Guest lanxton
@Paul

I installed r2 A2SD+. On first boot market was very slow, it hanged. It took a lot of time to uninstall a simple app like Terminal. On second reboot market desappeared. In app menu now I have a generic icon that, if launched make sense crash. This is the same issue of r1.

Does clearing the cache for all the google applications help?

Guest ascito
Does clearing the cache for all the google applications help?

By uninstalling what remains of market with Astro, cleaning cache and rebooting device, market comes back temporary.

Edited by ascito

Guest lanxton
By uninstalling what remain of market with Astro, cleaning cache and rebooting device, market comes back temporary.

How about a factory reset? It could also have to do with A2SD. Maybe your SDCard is too slow.

Edited by lanxton

Guest ascito
How about a factory reset?

I did a full wipe and reflashed with previous r1, with no result. I think it would be the same thing with r2

Guest lanxton
I did a full wipe and reflashed with previous r1, with no result. I think it would be the same thing with r2

Well, what I meant was after you install r2, then try only a factory reset and reboot back up without reflashing again. This should clear all the caches and you may have to install some things back manually..but it might fix the market. Maybe you want to start with a barebone system without any of the default applications.. then let the market index itself while it is empty. Reinstalling the applications back manually might make a difference.

Edited by lanxton

Guest damiensmith212

Has anyone else noticed the 'download in progress' arrow being a little buggy? Instead of a moving downwards pointing arrow, it's now a static arrow with a line moving down it. I don't think it's meant to be like that though...

Guest Lethalfriend

Hi guys i have a very simple request to ask. Can somebody confirm me that what is the GMT given for Pakistan in time and date settings of this rom? Is that GMT+6 or GMT +5. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Guest radshag

Has anyone had any success with the wifi tether in this rom. I haven't been able to connect to the phone from my computer.

Also, How do I backup the ext partition on my sd card?

Also, the alarm sounds in the alarm clock don't play any sound. I am guessing I am missing the files. Where are they supposed to be stored?

Thanks,

Radshag

Guest radshag
Has anyone had any success with the wifi tether in this rom. I haven't been able to connect to the phone from my computer.

Also, the alarm sounds in the alarm clock don't play any sound. I am guessing I am missing the files. Where are they supposed to be stored?

Thanks,

Radshag

Update: I do see the alarm sounds at /system/media/audio/alarms My sound is enabled on the phone but I don't hear any of them. Anyone else have this issue....

Guest jasup

i dont understand i have infinite reboot

i wiped all , cache, everything

i formated my SD

but i sitll have that infinite reboot, always

Guest nollie

With r1 I had infinite boot when I was trying to figure out how to get it all working.

Yesterday I followed this guide and had no problems.

Found out what I was doing wrong was I would flash 'r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip' using a normal SD card, not a Goldcard which I should have done.

Guest Jamsi
With r1 I had infinite boot when I was trying to figure out how to get it all working.

Yesterday I followed this guide and had no problems.

Found out what I was doing wrong was I would flash 'r1-a2sd-desire-dalvik-fresh-signed.zip' using a normal SD card, not a Goldcard which I should have done.

Is that a2sd installation supposed to be done with goldcard even if your Desire is un-branded?? Cause I didn't need the goldcard for rooting either...

Guest Archaon

Hello all,

I am a relatively new poster and Android user. I have ordered a Kitchen Rom with pretty much everything including the A2SD. Now I have successfully rooted my phone and now I also applied the new ROM. I am having some various issues where sometimes apps crash but it is rare for now and I blame mostly me fiddling with the SD card.

I have tried to apply the A2SD but it never works, I formated using GParted my 16GB to 13GB Fat32 and 512 ext2 and 512 ext2 as per tutorials which I saw online. Sadly it never works and the apps still install on the phone memory.

Just in case this is the procedure I am using to setup my phone.

1. Copy Rom into SD

2. Enter Recovery Mode

3. Apply Rom and phone is updated with the new software and everything works

4. Use GParted to format SD card Fat32/ext2/ext2

5. Restarted Phone

6. Installed app but goes only on phone memory.

I would appreciate help as I now am getting a little frustrated. I love the Android, a much better improvement from my former iPhone but this thing that apps can only be installed on limited space it sucks.

Anyways I look forward for some positive replies.

Thanks

Guest squrl
I've just done a bake and have Titanium, Maps and Navipanel (didn't try custom ingredients).

You didn't wipe AFTER flash did you?

P

That's weird, I didn't wipe indeed.

Rebaked and it's a-OK now, but still no custom ingredients.

Guest helikopter

Thanks,

Radshag

as i see wifi thether issue is still to be solved. let's hope someone will find a solution soon.

in recovery mode you can choose to have a nandroid backup of both your rom and ext partition. another way to completely backup your installed apps is to use titanium backup. with titanium you can batch backup everything. i have about 150 apps installed on my desire and it took only 5-7 minutes to backup all of them including their settings and cache so it's not a big deal. then you'll have all your apps on your sd card and you can batch (or separately) restore each of them anywhere, anytime.

alarm sound: in android the alarm sound level has its own volume switcher which may be set to zero in your case. you can download tone picker from the market which has a sound level panel and from there you can easily access all of the different sound profiles (ringtone, media, alarm, call, system) of your phone.

Guest Twau

If you go with "r2 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+".

Then you have to format your SD-card to fat32 and fix the ext3 partion before you proceed, right?

Guest helikopter
managed to install but it seems app2sd aint working.....isntalled gearth and copilote already have 115 left on 138

i don't know why but google earth also ate up my internal memory, but a2sd worked with all the other apps installed previously of after google earth. so i recommend you to try it out with some other apps, too.

Guest ascito
Has anyone else noticed the 'download in progress' arrow being a little buggy? Instead of a moving downwards pointing arrow, it's now a static arrow with a line moving down it. I don't think it's meant to be like that though...

The same here. It seems that the whole market app has some problems.

Guest hmptec
alarm sound: in android the alarm sound level has its own volume switcher which may be set to zero in your case. you can download tone picker from the market which has a sound level panel and from there you can easily access all of the different sound profiles (ringtone, media, alarm, call, system) of your phone.

Tried that. Tone picker shows the alarm sound set to max, but still no alarm sound. Otherwise, great work by Paul.

Guest belim
Hi guys i have a very simple request to ask. Can somebody confirm me that what is the GMT given for Pakistan in time and date settings of this rom? Is that GMT+6 or GMT +5. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you actually bothered to do things for yourself and type your question into Google you would have found your answer out when you first asked!.....

Click Here.....