27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lethalfriend
If you actually bothered to do things for yourself and type your question into Google you would have found your answer out when you first asked!.....

Click Here.....

I think you did not get my question properly. I already know the correct time zone of pakistan which is +5 but problem is that my desire thinks its +6 so i want to make sure that by upgrading to this rom my problem will be fixed.

Guest MarvinFS

r2 is working flawless so far, but one issue remains:

openvpn still won't launch telling me (in adb shell) that liblzo.so is missing... i got the modules but i cant put 'em there since /system is still not writable.

# /system/bin/openvpn

/system/bin/openvpn

link_image[1721]: 1721 could not load needed library 'liblzo.so' for '/system/bin/openvpn' (load_library[1051]: Library

'liblzo.so' not found)CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

#

is there some way to use statically linked openvpn, or to just push needed modules WITH executable?

BTW it works in eViL De-SiRe A2SD Full & Barebone D2C v.1.1 but Evil's one have some issues with system app paths - it fails to find ifconfig when setting up connecting interfaces....

Sun May 9 18:50:33 2010 /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig tun0 10.8.0.6 pointopoint 10.8.0.5 mtu 1500

Sun May 9 18:50:33 2010 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program

but still - it runs and all libs seems working OK!

Thanx.

Edited by MarvinFS

Guest Scottland

Paul - Would it be possible in future releases to include the batter % in/alongside the battery icon?

I think this is working in the CM ROM for the N1, and I've seen it in Hero releases also; but I'm not sure if this is possible on the Desire? :P

Guest Paul
r2 is working flawless so far, but one issue remains:

openvpn still won't launch telling me (in adb shell) that liblzo.so is missing... i got the modules but i cant put 'em there since /system is still not writable.

# /system/bin/openvpn

/system/bin/openvpn

link_image[1721]: 1721 could not load needed library 'liblzo.so' for '/system/bin/openvpn' (load_library[1051]: Library

'liblzo.so' not found)CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

#

is there some way to use statically linked openvpn, or to just push needed modules WITH executable?

BTW it works in eViL De-SiRe A2SD Full & Barebone D2C v.1.1 but Evil's one have some issues with system app paths - it fails to find ifconfig when setting up connecting interfaces....

Sun May 9 18:50:33 2010 /system/xbin/bb/ifconfig tun0 10.8.0.6 pointopoint 10.8.0.5 mtu 1500

Sun May 9 18:50:33 2010 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program

but still - it runs and all libs seems working OK!

Thanx.

System is writable in recovery, so use that to put the libs there!

P

Guest scotch whisky

After about 24 hours r2 with A2SD+ is still without problems with me. I am using a Class 6 8GB card and haven't noticed any slow downs. I have never had a smartphone runnng so well.

Having flashed my Desire about 20 times I am now suffering from withdrawal symtoms but I probably will not flash it again until some battery management/savings facility is added. HINT!

Guest StuMcBill

Got my Desire running sweet now with Apps2SD running fine, still got Dalvik-Cache on the internal memory.

The only thing I have noticed so far is, using the standard Android contacts app, if you use the scroll bar at the right of the screen it goes crazy and jumps (seemingly) randomly through letters of the alphabet?

I think it might be going on surnames??

Anyway I can fix this?

Thanks again

Stu

Edit - Another question

Should my build number be 1.21.MCR.2 CLxxxxxxxxxx?

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest afiorillo

As usual, an huge thank you to Paul for making this. I've just installed r2 (pre-baked w/additions) and it's working fine. :P

Guest viper_campbell

I have been looking at this forum from afar, and wanted to say a huge thanks, have signed up for an Ad Free and have just "baked" an R2 ROM and will test when i get home... but am all excited already!! Hahaha!!

One thing i would like to see in general is to be able to wake the desire by clicking the trackpad twice, apparently this is available in Cyanogen's ROM, is there anyway of adding it in here as an option or getting an apk for it or something?!?! Have tried looking but havent had any luck here or XDA Dev :P

Thanks again for everything!!!

Guest MarvinFS
System is writable in recovery, so use that to put the libs there!

thanx for the clue! never knew that...

i took the tun.ko module from the following post and successfully pushed it to /system/lib/modules

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...d/#entry1268898

also i got statically linked openvpn 2.1.1 from somewhere pushed it also

and finally i've applied the following fix from XDA for symlinks correction

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1273559934

now openvpn is fully working!

Guest bbawden
The only time ive found this to bug is if you connect to ur PC and use ur SD as a disk drive, then remount it and all of a sudden, force close on any non pre installed app. ie GTalk will work fine but Titanium, Astro etc all force close until you reboot the phone. Something to do with APPS2SD I would think.

Has anyone managed to get any custom boot screen working with the r2 ROM?

Surely when you mount the SD card it's only mounting the FAT32 part? The ext3 partition where your apps are is still available to the phone, otherwise no apps would run while the SD was mounted, which I don't think is the case.

Guest AlexaDesire

Hello. I'm installed this rom, and it's work great! App2sd work well for me, but i have some question about swap partition.

output of mount command:

rootfs on / type rootfs (ro)

tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=755)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=600)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

tmpfs on /sqlite_stmt_journals type tmpfs (rw,size=4096k)

none on /dev/cpuctl type cgroup (rw,cpu)

/dev/block/mtdblock3 on /system type yaffs2 (ro)

/dev/block/mtdblock5 on /data type yaffs2 (rw,nosuid,nodev)

/dev/block/mtdblock4 on /cache type yaffs2 (rw,nosuid,nodev)

tmpfs on /app-cache type tmpfs (rw,size=8192k)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 on /system/sd type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,data=ordered)

/dev/block//vold/179:1 on /sdcard type vfat (rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow

utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mi

xed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
output of fdisk:
#fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 3965 MB, 3965190144 bytes

4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 121008 cylinders

Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

Device Boot	  Start		 End	  Blocks  Id System

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1			   1	   97565	 3122070   c Win95 FAT32 (LBA)

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2		   97565	  113190	  500000  83 Linux

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3		  113209	  120990	  249007+ 82 Linux swap

I think that swap partition not used... why?

Guest KaMeLe0n

Great job Paul!

MCR R2 and A2SD+ working perfectly!

The only thing is my 3G connection - it works fine for 5-10 minutes and then stalls. To get it working again I need to switch off Mobile Network for few seconds and then switch it back on and then it's fine for another 5-10 minutes (so annoying!). Same thing happened to me on the stock ROM.

Does anyone know any solution to that 3G issue? I'm on Three Ireland if it matters?

Regards,

KaMeLe0n

Guest Edzilla
I think that swap partition not used... why?

Why the hell would you want to add some (slow) swap space on a device that has already more memory than you can use?

Guest starchildx

hi,

i installed r2 with a2sd. working perfect,

only one problem, how can i delete wacesecure ? after every reboot, it starts automatic, what can i do ?

Guest IEFtm

Kudos for your work Paul :P

Been using r2 for some time now, works flawless :D

I was just thinking, how about an option for the Nexus One lockscreen (or others if they're available).

Perhaps a custom bootscreen would be a nice option to include as well.

Guest RiotRick

Flashed an r2 rom from the kitchen. This one seems to work fine. Rebooted a few times, everything keeps working. It's running smooth with a2sd+.

I have over 100mb of free space with my apps installed. Good job on this one!

Guest pina

Used r2 to flash. the first time I tried to flash, I got an error message. then tried again, and the second time, it could flash. Now I'm rebooting, but is it normal that it's hanging at the HTC-screen for a very long time? I think it's been 5 minutes by now...

Guest adventure1001

Flashed r2 3 times now and i can't get onto a network i have tried rollback and re-root with no sucsess.

Anyone any ideas how i can fix this? or am i now the proud owner of a very expensive brick?

The error message i get is sim card not allowed to register on this network have tried 3 diferent sims on 3 different networks none work

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest lanxton
Flashed r2 3 times now and i can't get onto a network i have tried rollback and re-root with no sucsess.

Anyone any ideas how i can fix this? or am i now the proud owner of a very expensive brick?

The error message i get is sim card not allowed to register on this network have tried 3 diferent sims on 3 different networks none work

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like your phone is sim locked...

Guest AlexaDesire
Why the hell would you want to add some (slow) swap space on a device that has already more memory than you can use?

I think swap not used if free ram is aviable, but when ram is out swap will be useful.

Guest jcrompton

AP2SD and New First time Flash

I have recently flashed to May r2 from a Telstra branded phone that had the latest patch on it when I purchased the phone. While using Advanced task Killer I usually hovered around 200 - 205 mb of available remaining memory but sometimes would drop as low as 160 - 170. Right after a fresh reboot I would have 220 or 230.

I flashed this ROM but the only hitng I can think of is that the SD Card was not partitioned when I first booted after flashing. I partioned the SD and then reset the device (probably not a real "wipe" - but a clearing of the data from within the phone and a reboot / restart.

I used an on phone Terminal Emulator that says that the app is being redirected to the system/sd/app and the same for app-private

BUT - my available memory seems to be around 150mb AFTER FLASHING TO THE CUSTOM rom even right after reboot when viewing Advanced Task Killer

Any thoughts? to be sure the A2SD is working correctly ?

I restored apps via My Backup Pro - is that OK?

This first Android but I'll get the hang of it and be of some help at some point in the future .....

Guest winx199
AP2SD and New First time Flash

I have recently flashed to May r2 from a Telstra branded phone that had the latest patch on it when I purchased the phone. While using Advanced task Killer I usually hovered around 200 - 205 mb of available remaining memory but sometimes would drop as low as 160 - 170. Right after a fresh reboot I would have 220 or 230.

I flashed this ROM but the only hitng I can think of is that the SD Card was not partitioned when I first booted after flashing. I partioned the SD and then reset the device (probably not a real "wipe" - but a clearing of the data from within the phone and a reboot / restart.

I used an on phone Terminal Emulator that says that the app is being redirected to the system/sd/app and the same for app-private

BUT - my available memory seems to be around 150mb AFTER FLASHING TO THE CUSTOM rom even right after reboot when viewing Advanced Task Killer

Any thoughts? to be sure the A2SD is working correctly ?

I restored apps via My Backup Pro - is that OK?

This first Android but I'll get the hang of it and be of some help at some point in the future .....

A2SD has nothing to do with the available remaining memory you saw through Advanced Task Killer.

ATK shows the remaining memory (RAM), but A2SD helps to reduce the use of the ROM, different things.