27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest arielext

Any1 else seeing the desire not entering sleep status anymore?

With spareparts i found out that "android system" is previnting the desire to enter sleep mode; this didn't happen before i switched to the custom roms.

Without entering sleep status the battery is drained a lot, so is it just me and one of my 100+ apps or do more ppl experience this with mcr?

Guest ninja.rogue
have you tried to cook rom without facebook (leaving htc sense fb)?

No need to cook it out. The "icon-issue" does not appear if you don't setup a sync account with Facebook for HTC Sense.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use Sense to link contacts to facebook, which is quite useful.

I remain waiting for Paul to check these dependencies.

Guest waterc00l

nothing to do with this topic i know:

can someone tell me how to free up system cache? i have 2mb free and i can not download any market apps with more than 2mb :)

( i messed sthg. up when doing an nandroid backup.. took the wrong option (smthing with "backup google filesystem) and then it said: "cache full").

Edited by waterc00l

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Yes it's the same, it doesn't wipe your phone, it's more like an update. So after doing this, you should recover all your previous settings.

it got even worse... damn it... i cant even see my msgs.. handencent crashes, messages standard app also.. LOL..

Im tryng to get my contacts there with this rom and gonna install again the custom from Paul..

At least on that one i can see and send sms...

LOL

Guest Jannik Nielsen

Hey Paul.

I just followed your r4 guide and flashed the stock rom, works perfectly :)

is the FM Radio still not functioning in this MCR? i use it everyday, so i would miss it alot, thats the only reason i havent flashed this yet

Edited by Jannik Nielsen

Guest fatwolf
Has anyone noticed any issues with the telstra version. Before i apply, I want to make sure I don't break the GPS or anything else for that matter.

Thanks,

GPS works properly with the Custom roms. It won't work with the native just root room though.

After rooting either use the prebaked custom rom or get a paid account here and use the kitchen (much better option can remove those apps you dont use)

Guest mxpxboi

I had to do a factory restore. But when it came back up I notice Amazon MP3 is missing. I have instructions on how to push it.

Trying to push here: 'adb push com.amazon.mp3.apk /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk'

and I get an error about not enough space or something.

They were instructions on how to push it to the HTC Hero.

Any input? I have my phone all setup and don't want to do another restore.

Thanks,

Josh

Edited by mxpxboi

Guest squrl
I had to do a factory restore. But when it came back up I notice Amazon MP3 is missing. I have instructions on how to push it.

Trying to push here: 'adb push com.amazon.mp3.apk /system/app/com.amazon.mp3.apk'

and I get an error about not enough space or something.

They were instructions on how to push it to the HTC Hero.

Any input? I have my phone all setup and don't want to do another restore.

Thanks,

Josh

You mounted /system before trying to push it there, right?

Guest RalphM
GPS works properly with the Custom roms. It won't work with the native just root room though.

After rooting either use the prebaked custom rom or get a paid account here and use the kitchen (much better option can remove those apps you dont use)

Thanks so much for the response.

Guest SonicArt77

Just installed r3, works great except for the fact that when using HTC_CIME multitouch would be lost. Rebooting with Touch Input Chinese (CIME) on would restore multitouch, but it's the fact that after you bring up the keyboard and type with it, multitouch would just be lost again. Is there a fix for this?

Guest Odroid

Bluetooth audio (A2DP) problem

I'm running an R3 Custom Rom with A2SD+ for a few weeks now. All is working fine.

There's one problem though: A2DP Bluetooth audio seems very unstable. It keeps dropping out when I'm streaming to my car radio. On the stock rom I had no problems at all.

Anyone else have this problem? And is there a way to fix this?

Guest Scottland
Bluetooth audio (A2DP) problem

I'm running an R3 Custom Rom with A2SD+ for a few weeks now. All is working fine.

There's one problem though: A2DP Bluetooth audio seems very unstable. It keeps dropping out when I'm streaming to my car radio. On the stock rom I had no problems at all.

Anyone else have this problem? And is there a way to fix this?

I'm still running R2, but my A2DP works ok. The only thing I noticed is that the audio skipped when WiFi was turned on.

Guest Odroid
I'm still running R2, but my A2DP works ok. The only thing I noticed is that the audio skipped when WiFi was turned on.

Mmmm, must be a problem with the bluetooth stack in the R3 Rom then... Hopefully Paul will solve this in the next version of the Custom Rom.

Edited by Odroid

Guest h00pyfr00d
Mmmm, must be a problem with the bluetooth stack in the R3 Rom then... Hopefully Paul will solve this in the next version of the Custom Rom.

Mine does exactly the same. On my car kit and my personal bluetooth headset. Random skips. But turn off the Wireless and it works fine. Something very shady with the bluetooth on this device.

Guest Odroid
Mine does exactly the same. On my car kit and my personal bluetooth headset. Random skips. But turn off the Wireless and it works fine. Something very shady with the bluetooth on this device.

Strange... I don't generally have wifi enabled in my car, but maybe it was when I last used AD2P. I'll check later today if this fixes the issue.

Guest Bol2riz

Hi all,

I've moved from MCR r1 to prebacked "r3 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD" with full wipe to reduce having issues and everything looks working fine & smooth.

But... :)...

When I do a kill all with eStrong task manager I've got an endless "com.htc.bg force close" and need to reboot the phone.

I've tried to switch from animated bg to standard one and wiping all caches again but it doesn't change anything.

Can anyone help?