27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Elbereth

I have a question (I am surely looking at the wrong place in the settings):

Since I rooted my HTC Desire (with r4) and then used the MoDaCo ROM (r3) I have some entries in the Settings menu that disappeared and I don't find them anywhere else. For example: Messages (where I used to configure my MMS settings for ex) & Developper entries (where I could switch something about USB debugging).

Is this normal? Or I did something wrong?

I just changed carrier and I would like to check the MMS settings, but I don't find them...

Guest afiorillo
I try r2+A2SD everything are OK. then r3 release I also update on my device by use r3+A2SD.

Before I flash r3, I already did full wipe include wipe ext:SD.

After flash r3, why still have old application that install in previous rom ? I also did reset to factory but it still there.

How have you partitioned your sdcard?

Guest GanjBass
someone who has already tested well the Rom r3,how long is the battery autonomy?

Hello i use Rom r3 ....

I take off from charger every morning 7.00...

I speek 1-2 hour day

Listen music (i connect to Audio Station speakers 2+1 subwoofer) 2-4 hours

I use wifi about 1 hour (market,mesengers)

And i play games 30 min before go to sleep and i connect to charger with baterry on 20-30%

Guest Iyakisung
How have you partitioned your sdcard?

I made a2sd by Partition SD, set swap=0, ext2=512M and convert ext2 to ext3 from recovery menu.

Guest afiorillo
I made a2sd by Partition SD, set swap=0, ext2=512M and convert ext2 to ext3 from recovery menu.

That's strange, seems like you've two ext partitions on your sd...

Guest afiorillo
Do you use JuiceDefender?(about night discharge)..

because in past i was got same problem and i have discovered that juicedefender was the cause...

No, I don't have it installed at all. But, LOL: JuiceDefender is supposed to save battery charge, not to eat it! :rolleyes:

Guest NiTroZiK
No, I don't have it installed at all. But, LOL: JuiceDefender is supposed to save battery charge, not to eat it! :D

Yes,u right :( ....

but when i have tested (2 weeks ago) i have noticed that with him 25-30% of my battery will be consumed in all night,with the Flight mode only 3-5%... :rolleyes:

Guest StuMcBill

I have noticed that when surfing the Web on either Wi-Fi or 3G my battery drains a couple of percent every 10 or so minutes! I have installed the battery graph app to try and keep an eye on it.

Does everyone elses do this or is it just me? Seems a bit excessive?

Guest EddyOS

Quick question - what's the best way to add a radio to a ROM image? Is it just a case of adding the radio.img file or is more needed? Wanna add the new 4.06.00.16_2 radio to an MCRr3 ROM as adding it corrupts apps on the A2SD card if you use a seperate card (like I do)...

Guest irishandrew
What did u take out of the ROM? I had the same when I took out Facebook/Peep/FriendStream

and I had the same experience when I put peep back in! Solution was a full wipe (everything) and flash newly baked ROM, with SD card ext3 format in Linux to get around the bootloop...

-Andrew.

Guest ceyad

got my desire back :rolleyes:

wipe all include sd partition and reflash with new backed ROM.

but i remove the keyboard,so only better keyboard to use.lol

Guest MarvinFS
my desire reboot when goes to setting-acount&sync:(

i got the same issue after removing flickr, frientstreem, facebook and stock apps from the ROM...

using alogcat i've figured out that it was stock app which caused the FC of accounts&settings...

i never had a stock account setup there nevertheless some settings in sqllite db caused those FCs...

had no idea how to clear it out without wiping the phone, so i put back stock app and everything works OK now.

BTW using alogcat i found out some very crappy things like multiple errors when trying to find some settings for already uninstalled apps (i.e. vkontakte social network client app and so on) i'm uninstalling apps using root explorer or titanium back up... using titanuim back up i got several apps greyed out with status uninstalled still showing in the list...

Guest dancedreamfly
my desire reboot when goes to setting-acount&sync:(

Experienced the same thing when I removed Stocks via the rm -r Terminal method. But when I baked a ROM without it included, it worked fine.

Guest EddyOS

Baked without Stocks works fine, I wanted to bake in the official Twitter app (which I hope HTC use instead of Peep in future) so removed Peep and it went mental! I just now ignore it and use the Twitter app

Guest Sashimi

Hello everybody, cool thing some applications can be packed straight into the rom (titanium backup, wavesecure...), but if so can they be updated as normal applications from the market ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Sashimi

Guest StuMcBill
Hello everybody, cool thing some applications can be packed straight into the rom (titanium backup, wavesecure...), but if so can they be updated as normal applications from the market ?

Thanks in advance

Haven't needed to update Wavesecure so far, but Titanium Backup has updated with no problems for me in the past!

Hope this helps.

Guest medomedo

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the kitchen. I created the following tree sturcture to be able to edit the hosts file "kitchen_desire/system/etc/hosts" then I zipped the "kitche_desire" folder and uploaded it to the kitchen. later I got a signed ROM but when I opened it the hosts file did not match the one I submitted to the kitchen. What is the problem?

I think using the kitchen is the only way possible now for desire users to edit the hosts file

Thanks!

Guest nico1375

No specific problem when using the provided packages?

I took the second one, with A2SD+.

Should I just flash the ROM, and after reboot partition my SD card ?

Guest squrl
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the kitchen. I created the following tree sturcture to be able to edit the hosts file "kitchen_desire/system/etc/hosts" then I zipped the "kitche_desire" folder and uploaded it to the kitchen. later I got a signed ROM but when I opened it the hosts file did not match the one I submitted to the kitchen. What is the problem?

I think using the kitchen is the only way possible now for desire users to edit the hosts file

Thanks!

You must not pack the whole kitchen_desire folder, only its contents. Also, if you included other custom stuff and your *.zip was over 10 megs, it was rejected.

Guest nico1375
No specific problem when using the provided packages?

I took the second one, with A2SD+.

Should I just flash the ROM, and after reboot partition my SD card ?

Or should I go directy into recovery in order to partition my SD ?

Guest afiorillo
Or should I go directy into recovery in order to partition my SD ?

You'll have to first partition your SD (recovery console suggested), then copy the update file over it and finally re-enter the recovery console and flash it.

You can use the "Enable USB" feature of the recovery console in order to transfer the update file after partitioning was done, withour exiting the console itself.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest Whiler92
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

You must not pack the whole kitchen_desire folder, only its contents. Also, if you included other custom stuff and your *.zip was over 10 megs, it was rejected.

I confirm.. I also changed my hosts & bootanimation.zip files with this method.. It works perfectly!

Zip internal root folders are:

• system
  • data

Previously, I changed my hosts file without the kitchen (so, that's not the only way :rolleyes:)... after you rooted your Desire:

• you connect it in Recovery mode
    • you push your new hosts file through adb push command... from another terminal console... that's it ! (adb push hosts /system/etc/hosts)
Edited by Whiler92