27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.1 / Eclair)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Raj Verma

Hi there Description: :)I’m even scared to write… Description: :P

Newbie Noobie here. Greetings!

Got myself a birthday present a few days ago – HTC Desire.

If it helps, here are the details:

======

Firmware version: 2.2

i rooted my phone and then followed the steps to install custom rom

Anyway, here’s my problem (there were posts about it before as well).

Once I reach point 5 in Step 2 [i.e. Turn off your phone & turn it back on holding POWER + VOL DOWN then use vol up/down to scroll down to ‘Recovery‘ and power to select.] after I click ‘Recovery’ my screen either stays white with the green HTC logo or just goes black – in either case, that’s it… nothing happens and no buttons work.

The first time it happened I almost got a heart attack (well, which noobie didn’t?) because I thought I’d just bricked my baby… Right now it is still the only way for me to do ANYthing after getting the black screen…

Any suggestions/help will be more than welcome! Thanks in advance!!!

(And sorry for the long post… I always need long intros and all the details listed to make myself as clear as possible)

Please do help me

i am nearly crying while typing it

email me the response

cheers

Raj

Guest kingqueen
Once I reach point 5 in Step 2 [i.e. Turn off your phone & turn it back on holding POWER + VOL DOWN then use vol up/down to scroll down to ‘Recovery‘ and power to select.] after I click ‘Recovery’ my screen either stays white with the green HTC logo or just goes black – in either case, that’s it… nothing happens and no buttons work.
raj,

I know how scary this situation can be but the first thing us don't panic. You have not bricked your phone.

Try re rooting using unrevoked.com and your problems should be over.

• 1 month later...
Guest molandim

Help!!!! ;)

I try to install this room using the application rom manager. Since I always use the rom manager to install other roms aand never had any trouble, I didn´t selected the option to make backup.

Now, my cell phone is dead. I manage to turn it , but just a few second after the htc loading screen (blank page with htc logo) it become all black with out responde.

Is my phone dead?